What happened to the Hiipower Kendrick?

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
When artists grow up alot of their fans dont grow with them and get what they need elsewhere.

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Before Section 80 i hated his voice and thought he was tried to much to mimic wayne. My home boy played hii power I was like there's no way that's the same person.

I actually purchased a copy of the signed copy of Section 80. That cd is still is best IMO. It's in my personal top 5

It's still the best album to come out on TDE AND HIS BEST PROJECT

RhymesWell

All Star
Daps
Let that man cook. It's the same reason Nas don't spit like it's Illmatic still. It's called growth. He's not the same guy he once was.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
What happened to Halftime Nas?

Regrets Jay-Z?

I Used To Love H.E.R Common?

Apollo Kids Ghostface?

Why don't ALL our favorite artists simply stay the same, fukk artistic growth and progression...

WHY SWAY:mindblown:
Kendrick did not grow or progress.

He regressed. All the other guys you mentioned got better as time went on.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Yall can stop with this "growth" stuff.

Dude did nothing but get a new production/writing team behind him and dumbed down his lyrics.

Growth would be showing better lyricism or dropping some real life gems. Not babling over overproduced, "artistic" crap

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Section.80 is still my favorite Kendrick album but LOL at people saying he sold out with TPAB. He did the opposite of selling out and made an album that wasn't mainstream accessible or radio friendly. Isn't that why most of ya'll don't fukk with it like ya'll did GKMC?

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yall can stop with this "growth" stuff.

Dude did nothing but get a new production/writing team behind him and dumbed down his lyrics.

Growth would be showing better lyricism or dropping some real life gems. Not babling over overproduced, "artistic" crap

Lyrically, this is as good as anything Kendrick ever dropped

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
CACs paid him off to do this "deep" nonsensical music. Dude had mad potential and wasted it all on voices and atmospheric beats that go nowhere.