What is Steven Spielberg best film?

Steven Spielberg best picture?

• Total voters

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
It's still Jaws.
Why did Spielberg not direct Jaws 2?
As reported by The Express in 2022, Spielberg confessed, “[I didn't come back for the Jaws sequels] because making the first movie was a nightmare. There were endless problems with the shark and it was an impossible shoot. I thought my career was over because no one had ever taken a movie 100 days over schedule”.Jun 21, 2022

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Why did Spielberg not direct Jaws 2?
As reported by The Express in 2022, Spielberg confessed, “[I didn't come back for the Jaws sequels] because making the first movie was a nightmare. There were endless problems with the shark and it was an impossible shoot. I thought my career was over because no one had ever taken a movie 100 days over schedule”.Jun 21, 2022
From The Fablemans to Jaws

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
Raiders of the Lost Arc, imo, is a master class in movie making.
Minority Report is underrated Ahead of its time.
I never watched Raiders of the Lost Arc. How is it a master class in movie making?

Tha_Mac

and this is Life As Tha Mac
Daps
Looking at the list on the poll I feel like Spielberg may be somewhat overrated. I have seen a few of those movies and most when I was young but they aren't great movies.

Some are ahead of their time with great concepts but they just seem overrated to me.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Looking at the list on the poll I feel like Spielberg may be somewhat overrated. I have seen a few of those movies and most when I was young but they aren't great movies.

Some are ahead of their time with great concepts but they just seem overrated to me.
JAWS, ET, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Jurassic Park & Schindler's List are great movies. It's not on that poll but Saving Private Ryan is great too. They're masterclasses in storytelling, with the exception of Raiders, every scene tells it's own story, and it has great acting. Raiders is more stylized of the 30's serials, so it's slightly different.

Close Encounters, Catch Me If You Can and Minority Report are all good. War of the Worlds of The Terminal are probably his worst. Most of the rest hover around solid to good.