What is Steven Spielberg best film?

Steven Spielberg best picture?

• Total voters

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
No one wants to watch schindlers list because it is emotionally draining it has nothing to do with whether it's a good movie

• Dap
Reactions: jeh

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
No one wants to watch schindlers list because it is emotionally draining it has nothing to do with whether it's a good movie
Good point as I only watched it when I showed it to my high school students during class...every time I try to watch it now, I can't as it is emotionally draining; but I have that same issue with 12 Years a Slave and a few others as well...

But the first 4-5 times I watched Schindler's List, it became a no-brainer for me that it is the greatest movie of all time.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
So, I'm watching Hook right now. If this film was shot darker, it'd be deemed a classic. It has too many great scenes that resonates with all ages.

I think that one of the most underrated scenes in the movie is early on when they first go to Wendy's. Jack is telling Wendy what Peter does for a living and she looks and says "You've become a pirate." Just the subtleties of that scene, with her acknowledging how he's become the very thing that he condemned as a youth. Now since becoming an adult, did he lose himself, or was that what he was and only tried to mask it as a youth?

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
So, I'm watching Hook right now. If this film was shot darker, it'd be deemed a classic. It has too many great scenes that resonates with all ages.

I think that one of the most underrated scenes in the movie is early on when they first go to Wendy's. Jack is telling Wendy what Peter does for a living and she looks and says "You've become a pirate." Just the subtleties of that scene, with her acknowledging how he's become the very thing that he condemned as a youth. Now since becoming an adult, did he lose himself, or was that what he was and only tried to mask it as a youth?

:salute:

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Daps
I voted raiders but I say Temple of Doom, its neck and neck with big trouble in little china in my book for greatest action adventure flick of the 80s

• Dap

jeh

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 🏝️ Of Relevancy
Well after re watching a lot of his films. I think his best film has to be Duel. Or close to it. im not a fan of that genre so to speak, but that movie alone has definitely opened my mind to watch movies of that genre.

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just watched the Fabelmans.
It was pretty good. I think the 3rd act/ California portion of the movie is prime Spielberg.
If you are a super movie buff the ending is fantastic.
I don't think this is Spielberg's best movie, but if he decides to hang it up this is a good movie to cap off his career

• Dap