Steven Spielberg best picture?

• Total voters

Lakers Offseason

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
idk..but that shyt is just well made all-around

my dad put it on in the early 00s when i was a teen and i was like :scust: at this black and white movie.. i preferred reading the gta vice city review in EGM magazine

but i finally saw it like a year or 2 ago and was like :whoo:

but yea if catch me if you can or schindler's was on, i'm rolling with catch me..doesn't mean its a better film though :manny:

To me, what you enjoy is "better":yeshrug:

Went to an Art school for college. I was always drawing transformers and comic book characters as a kid. In college when we'd have art galleries and shyt, people would always praise the painting with a classic style (think Picasso). But to me, the art pieces that a lot of the concept art dudes (gaming industry type of art) were always "better". I enjoyed them more. We'd be in art classes reviewing and criticizing each other's work. Some of the pieces people put up that got praise were just wack. I'd be sitting in class high as fukk looking at it like:wtf::heh:

It's the same with movies. People and critics tell us what's "good" but sometimes some opinions just seems forced. Like you don't want to be the dude who will say the opposite of what people are saying.

Was Schindlers List really that good? Was it because of the subject matter?

• Dap
Reactions: jeh

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
To me, what you enjoy is "better":yeshrug:

Went to an Art school for college. I was always drawing transformers and comic book characters as a kid. In college when we'd have art galleries and shyt, people would always praise the painting with a classic style (think Picasso). But to me, the art pieces that a lot of the concept art dudes (gaming industry type of art) were always "better". I enjoyed them more.

It's the same with movies. People and critics tell us what's "good" but sometimes some opinions just seems forced. Like you don't want to be the dude who will say the opposite of what people are saying.

Was Schindlers List really that good? Was it because of the subject matter?

Here's where I can kinda disagree with you though: If you give me the choice of watching Tango and Cash or Schindler's List I'm going to pick Tango and Cash but there's no way in hell I feel its better

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Here's where I can kinda disagree with you though: If you give me the choice of watching Tango and Cash or Schindler's List I'm going to pick Tango and Cash but there's no way in hell I feel its better
exactly why i said replay value=/= quality

if chappie was on and schlinders list was on..i'd watch chappie for the f*ckery :laff:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Schindler's List is a good movie but it always loses me with the awful emotional manipulation. The girl in the red dress is bad enough as it is but that shower scene disgusts me to the core of my being.

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
for me its what ever Indiana Jones movie is on.....except for that last one....Also I think Jaws hits home for me, having grown up in a beach town/community centered around beaches. Once or twice a year they close the beaches cause of "shark sightings" which is usually just people overreacting, which I feel is only because of Jaws :manny:

Lakers Offseason

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

That's why I asked how one would quantify quality in a movie.

Movies are all for entertainment so how can we say while Catch Me If You Can is a better watch than Schnidler's List, the quality isn't as good?

• Dap

jeh

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 🏝️ Of Relevancy
It is a great movie breh. It is visually beautiful, it has a great story. The way it is shot is :ohlawd:
Tom Hanks is in it.

I remember watching it with a lady friend. She came over with that and source code. We watched source code first. (Why I don't know) Ate dinner and begun to start Catch me if you can. Let's just say I definitely didn't finish watching that movie if you catch my drift.

Yeah its up there. Great movie im still laughing at your post sayin its too jewy lol:russ:

jeh

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 🏝️ Of Relevancy
Catch

Movies are all for entertainment so how can we say while Catch Me If You Can is a better watch than Schnidler's List, the quality isn't as good?
me if you can is a great movie. Schnidlers list is a great movie.
Spielberg has a ton of great movies. I'd watch A Indian jones or JAWS over Schnidlers List. But Catch me if you can is Spielberg best picture over Schnidlers list? I don't see it. No hate breh.

Lakers Offseason

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Catch

me if you can is a great movie. Schnidlers list is a great movie.
Spielberg has a ton of great movies. I'd watch A Indian jones or JAWS over Schnidlers List. But Catch me if you can is Spielberg best picture over Schnidlers list? I don't see it. No hate breh.

I wouldn't say Catch Me is his best picture.

Jaws, Lost Ark, Private Ryan, Jurassic Park, ET are probably his five best IMO.

Just not a big fan of movies that become tedious to finish through. Schindler's List falls into that category.

• Dap

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
Schindler's List was overrated.

I had no emotional attachment to this movie.
Visually I didn't like the black white, I am not even sure why he did that.
Not sure how Jewish folk feel about white man saviour type movies.

There were parts in the movie that were funny to me. Like ol'boy shooting people off the balcony.

I think casting Ralph Fiennes in this movie, was a mistake imo. He did a really great job, very charismatic, almost so much that you want to root for him. He is a proper villian.

:manny:

• Dap

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

I quantify quality based on a variety of factors: story, direction, acting, pacing, character development etc

jeh

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 🏝️ Of Relevancy
Schindler's List was overrated.

I had no emotional attachment to this movie.
Visually I didn't like the black white, I am not even sure why he did that.
Not sure how Jewish folk feel about white man saviour type movies.

There were parts in the movie that were funny to me. Like ol'boy shooting people off the balcony.

I think casting Ralph Fiennes in this movie, was a mistake imo. He did a really great job, very charismatic, almost so much that you want to root for him. He is a proper villian.

:manny:

Okay, I see where you coming from on the visual perspective. I personally like black and white movies. As far as casting, I see your point, kind of like how some felt Exodus: God and Kings was casted. I understand that I comes down to our mood or how we feel(emotional attachment) but, Ten Commandments with Heston and Baxter is a great movie. Not saying we can't acknowledge the blatant or maybe indirect casting at times.