What is Steven Spielberg best film?

Steven Spielberg best picture?

• Total voters

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Hook is only panned because Spielberg bashed it. That movie has aged gracefully, especially watching it as an adult. It's not great, but it's a damn good film. Jack & Maggie hit Peter Pan with the Dame cause he had a boss. Well that...and he couldn't even touch their hands to take them home. Soon later on like "who that? Don't I know him?"

ET is my favorite, but JAWS is his best.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Hook is only panned because Spielberg bashed it. That movie has aged gracefully, especially watching it as an adult. It's not great, but it's a damn good film. Jack & Maggie hit Peter Pan with the Dame cause he had a boss. Well that...and he couldn't even touch their hands to take them home. Soon later on like "who that? Don't I know him?"

Jack hit him with the "Im your son, how am i supposed to look up to you?"

jeh

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The šŸļø Of Relevancy

I didn't know Spielberg bashed Hook.:ohhh:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I didn't know Spielberg bashed Hook.:ohhh:

He's my favorite director of all time but he's kinda spineless in that regard: He's incredibly populist so if there's enough critical backlash or fan backlash for a project he will bash it in public. But to be fair, Temple of Doom has a good reputation (I think) and he does not like it at all but that's for personal reasons

jeh

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The šŸļø Of Relevancy
He's my favorite director of all time but he's kinda spineless in that regard: He's incredibly populist so if there's enough critical backlash or fan backlash for a project he will bash it in public. But to be fair, Temple of Doom has a good reputation (I think) and he does not like it at all but that's for personal reasons

I see. Its not in my top ten(hook) but I enjoyed the movie. I never got why people hate it, and thanks for the info on why Spielberg bashed it. And how come he doesn't like Temple of doom?

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I see. Its not in my top ten(hook) but I enjoyed the movie. I never got why people hate it, and thanks for the info on why Spielberg bashed it. And how come he doesn't like Temple of doom?

He feels like it was too dark and it reminds him of when he and George were both going through nasty divorces and all of that darkness in their real lives came through on film. On the DVD special features, he said the only good thing that came out of Temple of Doom was him meeting Kate Capshaw, who's been his wife for almost 30 years now I think