What is the least popular Boxing Weight Class?

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
CW was the fukkin shyt! The problem was BIG NAMES skipped over it or used as pit stop to HW. They were exciting. I get up watching Qawi and Holyfield. I loved when Braithwaite was champ then Mormeck took him down and O’Neill “Give ‘‘em hell” Bell became undisputed. James Toney had a helluva fight with Jirov. David Haye was invincible and could’ve ruled that weight for a while. But again, that division lacked the quantity of stars to persuade other champs to campaign there. One of RJJ biggest mistakes was to not campaign at CW and dropping back to 175 after Ruiz. He basically weighed in for Ruiz at the CW limit. That being said straweight was the worst.
If you know, you know with CW...CW was what heavyweight action used to be like for a good min...hard division

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Basically what OP said
I will watch smaller guys once the buzz reaches a certain level like chocolatito and inoue but otherwise I'm cool
I just don't like the volume punching slap fest nature of the fights, a generalization but that's why I like guys Rigo and Inoue compared to the average guy at those weights

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Basically what OP said
I will watch smaller guys once the buzz reaches a certain level like chocolatito and inoue but otherwise I'm cool
I just don't like the volume punching slap fest nature of the fights, a generalization but that's why I like guys Rigo and Inoue compared to the average guy at those weights

Those really low weights just feel like nothing is gonna happen. When PAC was below 126 no one knew him. There have been some great fights/fighters at 118. I was big fan of Joan Guzmán especially at 122

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Minimumweight by far

Even most ppl who follow the tiny divisions like me don't give a damn about that division. It has some good fighters, probably better than 160 rn even so that's not hard but overall it's a stepping stone division most of the time with a shallow talent pool. Funny cause 108 which is just 1 division above minimumweight is actually kind of stacked right now.

Megadeus

Superstar
Daps
:scust: Cruiserweight.

Bunch of sloppy, mutated, deformed mofxckas. Drooling all over the place. Too lame nd flatfooted to hang with the LHW's , too puzzy to bang with the Heavys. Utter trash.

I hate them. I hate them all.

Erratic415

Superstar
Daps
The really low weight classes, like minimum weight, strawweight. I don’t remember watching too many fighters at flyweight (112) or below. I just remember certain fights, but the only guys in those divisions I’ve seen a good number of fights of are Michael Carbajal and maybe Jorge Arce.

Carbajal’s first fight with Humberto González was one of the best fights of the 90s.

Carbajal’s brother Danny is a POS by the way. He stole a bunch of money that Michael earned in the ring. Danny was involved in a divorce hearing and his ex-wife was likely to get a lot, and then his ex-wife & her BF were found murdered at her home. He’s suspected of being behind it but there apparently isn’t enough evidence to charge

Erratic415

Superstar
Daps
Those really low weights just feel like nothing is gonna happen. When PAC was below 126 no one knew him. There have been some great fights/fighters at 118. I was big fan of Joan Guzmán especially at 122

There’s a big gap for me in how many fights I’ve seen at 118 vs 122. It may have been because of Morales & Barrera in the mid to late 90s, fighting at 122 and often on HBO. HBO showed some PAC’s fights in the early 00s at 122, before he moved up to beat MAB. In the late 00s, we had that great Vazquez-R. Marquez rivalry at 122.

I’ve not seen nearly that many fights at 118, or anything below that.