What is the role of a Hip Hop/rap manager in this era ?

mortuus est

Veteran
Daps
On the other hand I get the impression nobody is really working with the Wu, given how carelessly they blew off their 20yr anniversary.

you mean individually or as a group? i thought rza and divine were the top dogs for the wu

i remember that story about cappa having an fbi agent as his manager :dead:

mortuus est

Veteran
Daps
NO rapper makes it without a manager in this game.

shyt even Chief Keef, lil durk and all them lil half crazy chitown nikkas got managers.

i guess being on a major them guys would need people to look after them and keep their timetables open

Rominati

Legendary Poster
Daps
i guess being on a major them guys would need people to look after them and keep their timetables open

Word jus as a artist in general. You gon want somebody to exclusively handle all the business calls, endorsement options, touring dates, industry bullshyt talk, people wanting features etc.

As a artist you should jus focus on making hot tunes. Let your team handle the rest.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
you mean individually or as a group? i thought rza and divine were the top dogs for the wu

i remember that story about cappa having an fbi agent as his manager :dead:
As a group. You would think they'd be more proactive this year, and would have planned shyt.

Daps
2) Should be creating new material. Now a days a hip hop artist average at a new mixtape every 3 months. Thats lets say a new album quality song every week. To make a worthy song you probably make 2 or 3 and the rest end up rejected thrown away. This is different from practicing. This is song writing.
If you're making a project every 3 months/song every week you're not trying to make money lol. But I def agree with everything else you said.

Uncle Kingpin

No Relation
Daps
Rappers need managers because no one is a jack of all trades and it's best to delegate, especially to those who can do it better than you. Where rappers fukk up is having their homeboy manage them, thats like buying a car and letting your homeboy fix it when he never has before.

scuba

All Star
Daps
However long it takes you to make the dopest song possible. nikkas gotta be on their Detox/Jay Elec shyt.
]
OK thought you were being serious there for a second... Honestly I think a new project every 3 months is too much, but seems to be what I am seeing going on these days... and the demand from the fans seems to be there