What Made You Give Up Your 'Sports' Dreams? (Basketball, Football & etc)

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
I had a cousin who was a star football player at his HS (I went to the same one) and he played college football. Dude didn't finish and got a regular job (pays well).

Anyway, what made you brehs who played HS and college sports give up on your sports dream?

Was it an injury or the NBA...didn't call

Khermann

Rookie
Daps
I had to choose between art and basketball, art and animation demands a lot of time too, so the choice was there
Also i always thought my mdecial condition asthma would soon or later undermine an eventual Basketball carreer
Anyway i draw now.

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
I had to choose between art and basketball, art and animation demands a lot of time too, so the choice was there
Also i always thought my mdecial condition asthma would soon or later undermine an eventual Basketball carreer
Anyway i draw now.
That's good. Did you go to Art school and do you draw professionally?

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
You did football before you made the switch? Also, good looking out for your health.

Yeah mostly High School, at 6'0 (can't remember my weight at the time), I was a DE(small for a DE I know), mostly because my 3 point stance was southpaw, which meant I was clocking dudes with my left, something most other linemen never saw coming. I never took any big hits, but still, no thanks...I like reading and not slurring my words when I hit 40. I was pretty good (3 sacks per game), I eventually had dudes double teaming me, thats when I was like "I'm good, I don't need a concussion right now". If you didn't know, Football was very dirty in the 90's...I mean dudes would "knock your cup" during the double teams or step on hands. So many reasons to leave....funny enough, wrestling was more gentlemanly.

Khermann

Rookie
Daps
That's good. Did you go to Art school and do you draw professionally?
I got my art diploma and all back in 2007, no worries about it
The rest is a bit more problematic, struggling and still havent paid my student loan but i'm still there.
I'm currently trying the videogame realm as conceptartist.

Why

Superstar
Daps
playin JV in HS and nikkas feet at my shoulders jumping for rebounds in the paint.:mjcry:
stopped growing at 6'2

it take more than practicing in that backyard ya whole life:leostare:

i started smoking weed and detached from life as a whole when i seen how it was as a youngin in HS.:whoo:i think weed woke me up early.i was fully aware of the BS around me