What makes a rapper like young dolph and others so exciting?

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
stemming from another thread what makes rappers like him and gucci, Kodak,21, meek, famous dex, fat trel,migos etc

Like, not boring to listen to? Like, all they ever talk about is the same hood subjects, and it seem like the only time they seminally switch it up is when doing some shyt like a tribute or something

And their beats do sound fire from time to time I won't lie but, they aren't sonically all that, their instrumentals all go hand in hand (deep 808 and drums n snares, some particular hi hat pattern, then occasionally a piano loop give or take) I've listened to them a bit and I've got like 2-3 songs I can listen to each of them but how do you not find them bland when they literally say the same thing, and I don't mean just content but often the same lyrics and phrases ?

I'm not bashing I just don't get how they can be considered so great when they don't really contribute to the musical process beyond writing and selecting s beat, share me their better songs if you really wanna get your point across

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama
White people are the biggest consumers of hiphop and these rappers often perpetuate the most negative stereotypes of black people. We all know that whites LOVE the ignorant "dumbed down", unintelligent version of the black man.

That's why those types of rappers are given the biggest platforms to shine: to appeal to white audiences, who are the biggest consumers.

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
Cats like Dolph go into my weekend rapper category..... Like I don't bump their shyt during the week or in my headphones.... But on the weekends when I'm in the whip or at a function or chilling with my people. I'll throw shyt like Dolph, Migos, Kevin Gates on just for the vibes and that ignorant shyt talking.

Mandarin Duck

Majestic and Highfalutin
Daps
Reppin
Ponds
I'm so tired of these "I'm not a fan of rapper A so prove to me why I should be" threads.

nikka if you don't like him you don't like him.