What router do you use?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
i can't believe how many people are still rocking G routers. i guess if you only use your router for the internet a G is fine but once you start getting any type of home networking going G level speeds just don't hold up. hell i was maxing out my N300 Netgear Router before i upgraded.

Remy LeBreh

Linconia
Daps
Reppin
CLB/CLE/ALB
Asus Black Diamond, shyt is definitely good for my networking needs but I only bought it cause it looks:win::smugdraper:, but no one can see it behind my monitor:ufdup:

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
I have the router that TWC gave me last year. its a Motorola SURFboard SBG6580. Have no clue if its good or not but it never gave me problems.

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
Up. What do you guys recommend now.

I just have a 1-bedroom. I stream sports and game on the PS4.

I'm going to get the surfboard 6141:
What router should I get? Are the AC routers worth the extra price? Did you get an AC router adapter and how much was that?

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
i can't believe how many people are still rocking G routers. i guess if you only use your router for the internet a G is fine but once you start getting any type of home networking going G level speeds just don't hold up. hell i was maxing out my N300 Netgear Router before i upgraded.

What do you use your home network for?

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
Up. What do you guys recommend now.

I just have a 1-bedroom. I stream sports and game on the PS4.

I'm going to get the surfboard 6141:
What router should I get? Are the AC routers worth the extra price? Did you get an AC router adapter and how much was that?

I just got an Asus RT-87u. Fast and stable as hell. The best part is that I got it for over $100 off as an open box from a seller on Amazon.

I hardwired my PS4 since my Fatboy PS3's wireless was so trash. I use a powerline adapter from my router to the PS4 in the other room.

As for your modem, depending on who you're with, you can save a little on that too. I was looking as a 6141 since i have a 6120, but wound up getting a Zoom 5341J modem since it had good reviews, was cheaper and was compatible with my cable company. The combo is very stable and I havent had a dropout or restart since I plugged them in a month ago.

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
I just got an Asus RT-87u. Fast and stable as hell. The best part is that I got it for over $100 off as an open box from a seller on Amazon.

I hardwired my PS4 since my Fatboy PS3's wireless was so trash. I use a powerline adapter from my router to the PS4 in the other room.

As for your modem, depending on who you're with, you can save a little on that too. I was looking as a 6141 since i have a 6120, but wound up getting a Zoom 5341J modem since it had good reviews, was cheaper and was compatible with my cable company. The combo is very stable and I havent had a dropout or restart since I plugged them in a month ago.
I'm going to be with Comcast and the 6141 is compitable.

The RE-87u maybe overkill. I may just get this: http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-cheap-router/
It's not AC but I don't think I need it.

Uh Oh

Bake 'em away, toys
Daps
I'm going to be with Comcast and the 6141 is compitable.

I may just get this: http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-cheap-router/
It's not AC but I don't think I need it.
I have that exact router. Got it for about $40 after rebate. Been using it for almost two years now. It's been solid. The 5GHz signal (the faster one) has a short range, but the 2.4GHz signal is strong. In a 1 bedroom, it shouldn't be a problem.
The LEDs on the front are pretty bright, and the lights on the SB6141 are very bright, so keep that in mind when setting them up.

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
I have that exact router. Got it for about $40 after rebate. Been using it for almost two years now. It's been solid. The 5GHz signal (the faster one) has a short range, but the 2.4GHz signal is strong. In a 1 bedroom, it shouldn't be a problem.
The LEDs on the front are pretty bright, and the lights on the SB6141 are very bright, so keep that in mind when setting them up.
I used to keep electrical tape on my Netgear router. Lights were unnecessarily bright