AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Let the whole world know i rep Zone 4
Ah so it's an ownership problem primarily. That's tough and not easy to fix

They did it with trading Kevin Huerter for basically nothing
They did it with John Collins

On the front office side they fired Schlenk because he wasn’t on board with the decision to trade for DJM who we over allocated money and draft picks to acquire

The owner Tony Ressler, promoted his son, who doesn’t have a basketball background to running basketball Ops because him and Trae are tight

With Schlenk out they elevated Landry Fields to GM who hasn’t done anything noteworthy as GM and hired former SG Kyle Korver as Assistant GM even though he had only previously been a shooting coach for the franchise

It’s a complete shyt show and that’s why I get into it with our fans on here who think we’re a top 4 squad every year when this is a franchise that doesn’t know what it’s doing and doesn’t have the organizational leadership to figure it out

Unbothered

ELEVATING to HIGHER LEVELS with POSITIVE VIBES ✨
Daps
Reppin
'Cuse, New York
I think it's time for the Hawks to move on from Trae and rebuild. Last season hinted that Trae's time in ATL has reached it's climax after seasons of defending him, Hawks fans have finally started to question his work ethic and whether or not he's the guy for the franchise.

I don't really care about the whole Luka vs Trae...should Atlanta drafted and kept Luka instead, etc because at the end of the day management got the guy they wanted...a lot of people saw Trae coming into the draft as another Steph Curry/3PT shooting machine so there was a lot of hype surrounding him.

I don't believe Atlanta would be any better with Luka than they are now outside of being a middle of the road (5-8) team in the East because Luka's Mavs has been pretty dismal and average as well since he's been in Dallas...even tho we applaud them for embarrassingly beating the Suns, their conference finals run was much a fluke as the Hawks.

When they traded for Murray I thought the Hawks were moving in the right direction but I don't think those two mesh well together as anticipated, Hunter has gotten better but honestly he's just meh overall. John Collins unfortunately didn't pan out because he could've been a perennial 20 & 10 guy.

Last edited:

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Trae has to get at least passable at defense. I thought Hunter/Bey/Capella would be better on defense.

But they aren't taking a leap without getting better defensively. You don't trade Trae either IMO. Find a way to work around his defense once he gets marginal at it. Always gonna be a challenge for someone of his size to be decent defensively. But the other 4 gotta make up for it.

that's impossible given how small and weak he is physically.

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
They haven’t done a good job on team building, but I don’t know how you solve that

Need to try and recreate the Steve Nash teams with him

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
Breh respectfully if you think this roster as currently constructed has the capacity to take a “leap” I got a bridge to sell you that connects Georgia Tech to Tyrone, GA

Let’s keep it a buck, this roster wasn’t constructed to win. @O.iatlhawksfan mentioned the $25 million trade exception we got back in the John Collins trade wasn’t used and you’ve got a bunch of journeymen and washed vets on a team with Trae & DJM as the centerpieces. The truth is that isn’t a good roster and it wasn’t built to do more than compete for a play in spot
Damn breh, we tryna have some hope at least. Just came through and crushed the buildings. :mjcry:

Guess Who

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Gotta trade Trae before the league realizes he’s not a star you can win with as a featured player. For all of his skills and ability, he’s just too small to defend competently at the NBA level. Can’t play a guy like that 38-42 minutes in a playoff game. Impossible to hide that level of defensive liability for that many minutes for that many games in a playoff series.

Trae’s future is as a super sixth man on a contender. If ATL is smart, their future starts with whatever young talent and picks they can get for Trae and Dejounte.

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
They should start by trading Dejounte Murray. That was never going to be a good fit with Trae so it doesn’t make sense.

Try to see if the Spurs would take him back since they really need a point guard

Last edited:

AVXL

Daps
Reppin
Damn breh, we tryna have some hope at least. Just came through and crushed the buildings. :mjcry:

Not saying don’t have hope but Hawks fans on here been saying we’re a top 4 team in the East either are just 100% fanboying it or don’t seriously watch basketball. In either case, the team has slipped from being mid to just being bad. That will change slightly when Jalen Johnson comes back but this team as constructed isn’t going anywhere

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Not saying don’t have hope but Hawks fans on here been saying we’re a top 4 team in the East either are just 100% fanboying it or don’t seriously watch basketball. In either case, the team has slipped from being mid to just being bad. That will change slightly when Jalen Johnson comes back but this team as constructed isn’t going anywhere
What it sounds like is the ownership group is OK with them being a consistent play-in/low tier playoff team that gets it's 2-3 playoff home dates every single year.

AVXL

Daps
Reppin
What it sounds like is the ownership group is OK with them being a consistent play-in/low tier playoff team that gets its 2-3 playoff home dates every single year.

The crazy thing is that despite how inconsistent and average the Hawks are on the court, since the whole Danny Ferry/Luol Deng comments back in 2014 about “having some African in him” (which he shouldn’t have been fired for but that’s a separate discussion) the franchise is probably the most active local pro franchise in the community, renovated Philips Arena to State Farm Arena, have DRAMATICALLY improved the game day experience and the Hawks sell out games regularly. I go to games and it’s a fun night out even if the product is meh so in answer to your question I think they’re ok with appearing to be competitive with a star player in Trae, a renovated arena in downtown and a great gameday experience. Just my .02 :yeshrug: