What should the Atlanta Hawks do?

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Trae/Murray, Mitchell/Garland, Fox/Monk, Ja/Bane…

Their teams are all facing the same writings of mediocrity on the wall.

Barring exceptional circumstances like major injuries to the opps, it’s hard to win a ’ship when your best players/scorers are small guards.

I guess with MEM and CLE they can continue to hope that Mobley and Jaren take a “leap”.

But otherwise it is what it is.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Trae/Murray, Mitchell/Garland, Fox/Monk, Ja/Bane…

Their teams are all facing the same writings of mediocrity on the wall.

Barring exceptional circumstances like major injuries to the opps, it’s hard to win a ’ship when your best players/scorers are small guards.

I guess with MEM and CLE they can continue to hope that Mobley and Jaren take a “leap”.

But otherwise it is what it is.
Three of those teams you mentioned have big men that arguably determine their long term trajectory. ATL doesn’t have that, which is why they’re going to be dependent on someone like Jalen Johnson to help determine it.

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
Doesnt even really matter. Atlanta is an irrelevant pro-sports city.. all their teams are trash and nobody cares

ronald-acuna-jr-fist-bomb-ugfgvk19vkdu69kq.gif

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Bottom out and make sure to give the spurs two high lottery picks in 25 and 27

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
It's really about Trae. There's enough talent on that roster to be squarely in the playoff mix. They should not be six games worse than the Knicks. Think of some other PGs you could swap for Trae and feel better about where the Hawks would be:

Brunson, SGA, Haliburton, Fox and Morant nevermind how much better they'd be with Luka.

Trae is not a good enough shooter to offset his defensive liabilities and volume shooting. I actually think he's a brilliant distributor when he wants to be and a terrific passer. If he dialed back his shot attempts, I think it would help them a lot.

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Let the whole world know i rep Zone 4
It's really about Trae. There's enough talent on that roster to be squarely in the playoff mix. They should not be six games worse than the Knicks. Think of some other PGs you could swap for Trae and feel better about where the Hawks would be:

Brunson, SGA, Haliburton, Fox and Morant nevermind how much better they'd be with Luka.

Trae is not a good enough shooter to offset his defensive liabilities and volume shooting. I actually think he's a brilliant distributor when he wants to be and a terrific passer. If he dialed back his shot attempts, I think it would help them a lot.

Trae is fine. He’s having one of his best all around seasons in a while. Look at this roster and tell me this is play-in caliber, not playoffs, play-in caliber. I’ll save you the trouble breh, it’s not.

Capela is washed and can’t finish in the lane/at the rim.
Jalen Johnson has been a nice surprise
Deandre Hunter is hurt, doesn’t rebound, can’t consistently create, stiff athlete, average defender
DJM is slight, an average defender in real life and doesn’t like contact
Trae is 30 + 10 damn near every night

Team plays no defense, has some of the worst rotations in the league and has no consistent options off the bench except for Bogi/OO for defensive purposes. This team isn’t good breh