What Turned You Into A Gamer?

Goodnews

All Star
Daps
My cousin had Super Mario Bros 3 and Contra on the Nes and a bunch of other Nes games while my brother had Sonic, Vectorman, Mortal Kombat and streets of rage for the Sega Genesis when I was mad young. By the time Final fantasy 7, Metal Gear Solid and Castlevania Sotn dropped I tested at a 11th-12th grade reading level when I was 8 or 9.

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Once I get time I'm going to take my Gaming PC apart and make it turbo. So, I can get a lot of PC games on it. Been thinking about getting the Nintendo Switch.

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
I was a very very casual gamer as a small kid.

I had a NES, SNES, N64 and PS1 but played those very very casually. Had maybe 3-5 games for each of those consoles. Gaming was a side thing to do, not really a hobby cause I'd probably be more interested in playing with my power ranger or DBZ action figures than play video games if given the choice most of the time.

When the Dreamcast came out is when I made a permanent shift into an avid gamer. I'd guess it was a mix of the catalogue really grabbing me as well as being a bit older in my preteens and actually understanding stuff like plot and shyt in the video games. Dreamcast is also responsible for my love of fighting games, I'd be in an arcade every now and then but the capcom catalogue of fighting games on dreamcast is where I really got hooked and did most of my competitive play.

Lokozuna

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
East Coast
The first Sonic The Hedgehog game was my introduction into gaming but the Sega Saturn is what got me hooked. Used to play Fighters Megamix (Virtua Fighter & Fighting Vipers crossover game) , Clockwork Knight 2, and Daytona USA all day.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
My parents got me an NES as a kid when I was maybe...six or so?

From then on it was just a hobby. Got a Genesis in elementary school, a PS1 in middle school, a Dreamcast freshman year of high school, a PS2 Jr or Sr year (forgot which), and then a PS3 later on in college. Just got around to getting a PS4 last year. I'm not quite as hardcore as I was in my college days, but I still game. :yeshrug:

#AAGang; formerly Selah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Syracuse
Mom bought us Atari when I was 5 or so. I've always been a gamer