What type of plugins/EQ/etc do you use?

Mr Uncle Leroy

All Star
Daps
What type of hardware and software plugins/EQ/etc do you use on your tracks, bass, kicks, samples, etc?

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
I won't argue against that.
But certain ones still get the job done.

Yeah, for certain effects, it might be easier just to use Waves.

Like the bundle deal is good when shyt is on sale or you can torrent, although there are freeware EQ plugins that probably do a better job than 50 percent of Waves plugins...

Sometimes you can just use stock plugins...like you said.

Grizzly

Home Run Hitter
Daps
Reppin
Bigupyuself
Waves
Izotope Neutron
McDsp and Maag on almost everything
Custom racks I made in Ableton...I gets surgical with this shyt sometimes

DJ Mart-Kos

All Star
Daps
I use way too many effects. It makes my FL Studio crash all the time. Everytime i discover a new plugin that makes it sound better i feel like using it. I have a 32 GB RAM and a i7 processor and it's still not enough.
But i'm a striver so whenever it crashes i just simply restart it. Damn, i know i don't need all those plugins but i want it to be perfect even though it's not.

DJ Mart-Kos

All Star
Daps
I use stock Parametric EQ 2 (FL Studio) and Voxengo Transgainer on my drums. I tried to use Fabfilter EQ but it was too heavy on my CPU Than i have 4 Waves compressors on a sendchannel for my Kick/Snare/Hi-Hat/Percussion. I think the compressors in FL Studio just don't sound that good but the Parametric EQ 2 is really good and CPU-light.

I would really recommend any Hip-Hop or House producers to use a Transient Booster on the drums. It makes it snap. (i got that from Illmind BTW)

Last edited:

DJ Mart-Kos

All Star
Daps
I think Fabfilter Pro-Q sounds actually slightly better than Parametric EQ 2 in FL Studio. But it's not a big difference i think so i went back to Parametric.

TaxCollector13459

2018 Coli Rookie of the Year
Daps
Generally what I been doing recently though, is organically recording and I'll send my stuff off to get mixed and mastered. Its crazy, i'll know what I want it to sound like but I rarely can get to it, but when I get it mixed from an outside source it be on the money.