What type of plugins/EQ/etc do you use?

Mr Uncle Leroy

All Star
Daps
I use way too many effects. It makes my FL Studio crash all the time. Everytime i discover a new plugin that makes it sound better i feel like using it. I have a 32 GB RAM and a i7 processor and it's still not enough.
But i'm a striver so whenever it crashes i just simply restart it. Damn, i know i don't need all those plugins but i want it to be perfect even though it's not.
You want to mixdown the mixes and do submixes.

64gb is around the corner

There are audio production PC

Mr Uncle Leroy

All Star
Daps
I use stock Parametric EQ 2 (FL Studio) and Voxengo Transgainer on my drums. I tried to use Fabfilter EQ but it was too heavy on my CPU Than i have 4 Waves compressors on a sendchannel for my Kick/Snare/Hi-Hat/Percussion. I think the compressors in FL Studio just don't sound that good but the Parametric EQ 2 is really good and CPU-light.

I would really recommend any Hip-Hop or House producers to use a Transient Booster on the drums. It makes it snap.
Waves makes a hardware, where you can offload the cpu proceessing power to the dedicated waves/efx processor. So that you are not putting too much pressure on CPU.

Grizzly

Home Run Hitter
Daps
Reppin
Bigupyuself
If yall know any good plugins for Brightness drop them bytches...the Softube RS127 is usually my go-to but i cant find a good cracked version for mac

OneKnob Brightness is holdin me down right now but it's off a bit

DJ Mart-Kos

All Star
Daps
I never Master my beats. I don't know how to do it.
I try to make it sound like it's mastered though even though it's not.
If i would ever release a real album or anything i would get it Mastered though but i'm just having fun with it as a hobbyist

Last edited:

DJ Mart-Kos

All Star
Daps
Now listening. I think a real Audio Engineer could make it sound a little less harsh. The high end is kinda too much probably.
My mixes are terrible, think i'm gonna re-open this beat and eq the drums a bit better.

Last edited:

DJ Mart-Kos

All Star
Daps
What did you do to improve?

Basically get a good Limiter first. Cause i wasn't using a Limiter at all cause that Limiter inside FL Studio F'd up the whole sound. Made it sound superflat.
I think Fabfilter Pro-L is the best Limiter i've tried yet even though i only use the Presets.

Even though i think my arrangements are pretty good but they are always the same. I just need to learn how to EQ a little better.
My beats aren't rappable though. I try to make it sound like an instrumental Trip-Hop kinda track.

EDIT- I forgot to add that i had a Sound-Design course which was the most important lesson but the most recent thing that improved my mixes was buying the Fabfilter Pro-L Limiter. The Sound-Design course was the most important cause that's where i learned how to EQ and give the elements space in the mix. I didn't know how to EQ at all.

Last edited:

DJ Mart-Kos

All Star
Daps
Alright i'm just gonna be honest. I couldn't mix my beats cause i was going through so much mental problems that i couldn't listen objectively to my own beats.
I thought they where all good cause it was just simply a sound i was feeling at the time. But it was just me basically feeling terrible inside.

Do you guys agree that i need to make the Snare and Hi-Hat sound less harsh?

DJ Mart-Kos

All Star
Daps
Generally what I been doing recently though, is organically recording and I'll send my stuff off to get mixed and mastered. Its crazy, i'll know what I want it to sound like but I rarely can get to it, but when I get it mixed from an outside source it be on the money.

Yeah, i feel you on that.
I don't have the money to get things mastered neither.
But i just enjoy making beats as a hobby for now. I never wanted to be a famous producer. I just thought making beats would be a fun hobby to do. Not to make money of it.
If i would ever release a real record in a recordstore i would get it mastered though.

Last edited:

Young/Nacho\Drawz

...come on let's picture the possibility...
Daps
I use way too many effects. It makes my FL Studio crash all the time. Everytime i discover a new plugin that makes it sound better i feel like using it. I have a 32 GB RAM and a i7 processor and it's still not enough.
But i'm a striver so whenever it crashes i just simply restart it. Damn, i know i don't need all those plugins but i want it to be perfect even though it's not.

I'm terrible at mixing actually but i improved in the last few years.
^dis

FabFilter plug-in's are great.
I was pleasantly surprised by the plug-in alliance bundle. Lots of great tings in it. bx shredspread is my favorite.

Plug and Mix has some nice joints. There sort of old skool.
Melda production has some underrated gems. There is one I love where you can pan the low, mid or high frequency of a sound.