What was okc missing a years ago that made durant want to leave?

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I mean they made it to the conference finals and had the warriors down so what was the real reason?
If KD won, he definitely couldn't leave. How you gonna beat a team, go to the finals, and then leave the finals team cause you have no chance at competing?

It wouldn't have fit his excuse for needing to leave. So he choked 3 games in a row

bl2k8

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Northern California
If KD won, he definitely couldn't leave. How you gonna beat a team, go to the finals, and then leave the finals team cause you have no chance at competing?

It wouldn't have fit his excuse for needing to leave. So he choked 3 games in a row
This line of thinking is stupid. Why play well enough to even go up 3-1? Why even win game 1 at oracle?

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
This line of thinking is stupid. Why play well enough to even go up 3-1? Why even win game 1 at oracle?
According to Dray, he was recruiting KD all season. Why entertain that?

Why say you couldn't compete when you was beating the breaks off them?

Why play so well for 4 games and shytty the next 3?

Let's not act like KD was alone. shyt on Russ all you want. Without their best player and no return value for him, they went to the playoffs anyway. So Russ could have been the reason the didn't just get swept.

Am I seriously believing he just purposely lost 3 games. Hell no

Do I believe he was out there giving 150% like he was in these finals? Hell nah. I didn't see screaming, yelling, shyt talking, give me the fukking ball and watch me jam on em, where's my man at so I can J it in his face, ass KD those last 3 games

He was fumbling and bumbling around, and looked like he could care less when he lost

bl2k8

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Northern California
According to Dray, he was recruiting KD all season. Why entertain that?

Why say you couldn't compete when you was beating the breaks off them?

Why play so well for 4 games and shytty the next 3?

Let's not act like KD was alone. shyt on Russ all you want. Without their best player and no return value for him, they went to the playoffs anyway. So Russ could have been the reason the didn't just get swept.

Am I seriously believing he just purposely lost 3 games. Hell no

Do I believe he was out there giving 150% like he was in these finals? Hell nah. I didn't see screaming, yelling, shyt talking, give me the fukking ball and watch me jam on em, where's my man at so I can J it in his face, ass KD those last 3 games

He was fumbling and bumbling around, and looked like he could care less when he lost
So you don't think he was giving full effort during the last 3 games or the entire series?

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
So you don't think he was giving full effort during the last 3 games or the entire series?
I think his effort started waning the last 2.
Game 5 was close. KD scores 40 with 12 in the 4th quarter. From then on it was "man fukk this shyt. I need help".....

Game 6. 10-31 shooting
Game 7. 9 shots in the first 33 minutes. 10-19 shooting

Definitely wasn't that, give me the ball, I'm the man, I'm the MVP, we sending them home with a quickie, KD that I just saw

Whole time his opposition was calling his phone telling him to come on over. And he was looking at that team like yea this is where I need to be.

It's hard to have your head in two places at once. Same thing that happened to lebron before he went to Miami. He knew what he was doing. So when it came to giving it 150%, he said man fukk this shyt. I'm going to Miami anyway next year. And didn't play as hard

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:russ: Congrats. You found a fallacy. I shouldn't have used the word "most". Some would have been more appropriate. But I just hopped on bball reference as a refresher, and combining these box scores with my memory of the games just highlights how much KD shyt the bed that series. 42% from the field from Mr 50/40/90. He threw that series.

Didn't you just say efficiency doesn't matter and that it's cac stats?

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
Didn't you just say efficiency doesn't matter and that it's cac stats?
Didn't we establish that Kwahi was guarding him most of the time? He's 6'6 with a massive wingspan and a 2x DPOY. Russ is 6'3. Why wouldn't his numbers suffer from having to take tougher shots? And my man. You talking efficiency. That's cac shyt. Russ still put up gaudy numbers that helped them WIN that series. I don't care if he shoots 20% if he's dropping 30 every night and getting a win.
KD was clearly off those last three games and played with zero heart. My quip about efficiency was solely related to posters shytting on Russ for shooting 40%.

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I mean they made it to the conference finals and had the warriors down so what was the real reason?
They didnt have legit shooters that could knock down shots when things got tight and they tripled team him or put that wall up for no drives for westbrook. If he had cp3 instead of westbrook. he may have still left because you need at least one more bonafide knock down shooter

Perfectson

Banned
Daps

lack of heart, fortitude or courage

in this new era and it makes sports less fun. Nothing better than teasing Knicks fans during the Bulls era and watching them hopelessly fail for a championship, yet they still get alot of respect.

GSW gave Durant that Andre Ward body punch and he just quit...

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
no he doesn't hate him. westbrook allowed kd to shoot 63 shots in games 5 and 6. kd wanted easy rings it's really that simple, and if he wanted ball movement 28 other teams could have provided that. he wanted an easy consistent road to the finals with zero threats. ability to dribble without having to make a serious iq decision on every play. basically he don't want to work hard in basketball :manny:

Just like you and everyone else ain't trying to bust their ass at their jobs. :manny: