What was okc missing a years ago that made durant want to leave?

Drip Bayless

Superstar
Daps
More and more I see why Durant said fukk it, cause nikkas are swayed so easily by wins :mjlol:
You got mfs revising history in here :russ:
Durant and Westbrook usage rate was the same during the WCF last year
Then when nikkas get hit with the stats and the fact that Russ averaged 11 assists per game they quick to hit the
full

Low IQ, he had 6 more turnovers then Durant in the whole series. The last chances they had to win in Game 7, Russ ran down the stretch and made a dumbass turnover and KD did the exact same thing the next possession

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Didn't we establish that Kwahi was guarding him most of the time? He's 6'6 with a massive wingspan and a 2x DPOY. Russ is 6'3. Why wouldn't his numbers suffer from having to take tougher shots? And my man. You talking efficiency. That's cac shyt. Russ still put up gaudy numbers that helped them WIN that series. I dont care if he shoots 20% if he's dropping 30 every night and getting a win.
But:lupe:
Most of Russ' misses came at the end of the game similar to what happened to him in the 1st round of this year. All of a sudden his MVP 4-time scoring champ running mate "forgot" how to shoot and Russ forced up shots in each of those 4th quarters. Go check the box score and you'll see.

B1G_controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
Why can't ppl acknowledge KD was the perfect fit for GS

The one thing the 16 WCF highlighted was his defensive ability.

He is a better defender than Harrison Barnes, more versatile than him, and light years ahead of him as a scorer. That alone proves he was a better fit.

The problem is also you can't rely on 1 on 1 or transition scoring in the playoffs for easy buckets like you do in the reg season. You need a system that will manufacture points even when your team doesn't play well. Scott Brooks & Billy Donovan lacked a real system that caters to KD's talent. GS doesn't lack that system.

Last edited:

street heat

merchant of death
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He wanted to be on a team where he could be as close to someone as Kyle Lowry and derozen are and he thinks he found that in draymond. Basically he's soft

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
Wow. You're dumb. In no way does that disprove my original point. You bolded my comment about Kwahi on Russ and my comment about the Russ putting up desperation shots in the waning minutes of the last three WCF games. :what:. Those two quotes aren't even referencing the same series OR scenario OR player. I'm literally dumbfounded that you think there's a correlation there.

I swear Im going to just stop discussing basketball on here. Folks are just plain dumb. Most of you don't even watch enough basketball to have the opinions you do. You just regurgitate talking points from the same media you claim don't know shyt. The minute I hear a certain phrase used by ESPN, or TNT talking heads, it's guaranteed to be used by some psuedo basketball savant on the coli.

Can't even analyze your desk job in a cubicle, but you understand bball at the highest level.

Last edited:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wow. You're dumb. In no way does that disprove my original point. You bolded my comment about Kwahi on Russ and my comment about the Russ putting up desperation shots in the waning minutes of the last three WCF games. :what:. Those two quotes aren't even referencing the same series OR scenario OR player. I'm literally dumbfounded that you think there's a correlation there.
My post was about Russ' play in the Spurs series.

My question was how was Russ shooting like shyt, is him playing great in the Spurs series, as others have said.

I quoted @AlbertPullhoez who said

Russ balled the fukk out

Regarding desperation shots in the waning moments of the last 3 games of the WCF.

Last 5 minutes of the final 3 games, Russ shot:

Game 5 - 3 times
Game 6 - 1 time
Game 7 - 2 times

Durant shot:

Game 5 - 6 times
Game 6 - 3 times
Game 7 - 5 times

Last 3 minutes of the final 3 games, Russ shot:

Game 5 - 2 times
Game 6 - 1 time
Game 7 - 0 times

Durant shot:

Game 5 - 4 times
Game 6 - 2 times
Game 7 - 4 times

Last edited:

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps

My question was how was Russ shooting like shyt, is him playing great in the Spurs series, as others have said.

Regarding desperation shots in the waning moments of the last 3 games of the WCF.

Game 5 - 3 times
Game 6 - 1 time
Game 7 - 2 times

Durant shot:

Game 5 - 6 times
Game 6 - 3 times
Game 7 - 5 times

Game 5 - 2 times
Game 6 - 1 time
Game 7 - 0 times

Durant shot:

Game 5 - 4 times
Game 6 - 2 times
Game 7 - 4 times
what's the on/-off numbers for both through the series/ playoffs :sas2: . hint : it's not a comparison

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.

Game 5 - 3 times
Game 6 - 1 time
Game 7 - 2 times

Durant shot:

Game 5 - 6 times
Game 6 - 3 times
Game 7 - 5 times

Game 5 - 2 times
Game 6 - 1 time
Game 7 - 0 times

Durant shot:

Game 5 - 4 times
Game 6 - 2 times
Game 7 - 4 times
Wow. And you still don't realize that that doesn't negate my statements whatsoever. If anything g it strengthens the case FOR Westbrook against posters in here claiming he was ball hogging. He had almost twice the attempts every game to close it out and be a hero.