What Was The Hottest Summer?

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
this should be good.:popcorn:

from the years i fully experienced 1st-hand, i say its between 1993 & 1995.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
also, when was the last hot summer?

i gotta dig in the crates to think of one now.:sadcam:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps

Nas was dropping, biggie was popping, jigga was dropping, PAC was still here. A whole bunch of other rap hall of fame artist were doing their thing too.

the summer of '96 is hella overrated.

i think it gets overrated because of how monumental the entire year was but the summer itself wasnt really legendary like that. for example, you threw biggie in the mix off gp, but he didnt do anything that summer.

off-top, all that really jumps out automatically is 2pac, tha crossroads, and then at the end; nas & jay dropped albums. and you had the new edition reunion on the r&b side, but the 1st single they dropped was pretty weak.

Ghostface Trillah

God-level poster
Daps
Reppin
Mt. Olympus
the summer of '96 is hella overrated.

i think it gets overrated because of how monumental the entire year was but the summer itself wasnt really legendary like that. for example, you threw biggie in the mix off gp, but he didnt do anything that summer.

off-top, all that really jumps out automatically is 2pac, tha crossroads, and then at the end; nas & jay dropped albums. and you had the new edition reunion on the r&b side, but the 1st single they dropped was pretty weak.

because biggie wasn't dropping an album he wasn't doing anything? 96 was overrated? if you say so Wacky.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
because biggie wasn't dropping an album he wasn't doing anything? 96 was overrated? if you say so Wacky.

well what was he doing? all he had was a verse on the 112 jawn, and a couple verses on mixtapes.

youre just including him because you feel like you have to. and i could be a dikk and say some more obvious stuff since you tried to play me for no reason, but im tryna keep the peace in here right now.

if that summer isnt overrated, then explain why im wrong. cuz that lil appetizer you posted up isnt getting it far in the rankings breh.

Ghostface Trillah

God-level poster
Daps
Reppin
Mt. Olympus
well what was he doing? all he had was a verse on the 112 jawn, and a couple verses on mixtapes.

youre just including him because you feel like you have to. and i could be a dikk and say some more obvious stuff since you tried to play me for no reason, but im tryna keep the peace in here right now.

if that summer isnt overrated, then explain why im wrong. cuz that lil appetizer you posted up isnt getting it far in the rankings breh.

you so used to being told you wrong that you think everyone is trying to plan you. not trying to argue with you or anyone.

How is a summer with the return of nas, the emergence of jay-z, out of jail Tupac,Biggie still holding strong with junior mafia shyt, Bone Thugs, Fugees coming back strong, Outkast coming back overrated?

I'm not explaining anything, you need to explain how that summer of first ballot hall of fame artist is overrated. I'll wait.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
you so used to being told you wrong that you think everyone is trying to plan you. not trying to argue with you or anyone.

How is a summer with the return of nas, the emergence of jay-z, out of jail Tupac,Biggie still holding strong with junior mafia shyt, Bone Thugs, Fugees coming back strong, Outkast coming back overrated?

I'm not explaining anything, you need to explain how that summer of first ballot hall of fame artist is overrated. I'll wait.

im talking about that "whatever you say wacky" chit. dont throw rocks and hide your hands.

im used to being told im wrong by whom? what types of people?:comeon: but later for that. im trying to keep it hip-hop here. dont force my hand man. just stick to the topic maturely.

the summer is overrated when put up there with the best summers, when it clearly doesnt hold up. thats all im saying. and youre not doing a good job of disputing my claims. 2pac BEEN out of jail by that point. the junior mafia chit was old by then and was really LAST summer. the outkast joint was hot but if thats a frontline example, then youre proving my point anymore.