whats good with the tesla

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
yea but nikkka u aint gotta pay for gas, you gotta give up something
You stil, gotta pay for electric and truthfully that's not a good enough reason this shyt don't have simple things a 15k car at all esp at that price range. If you've been in one and a regualr s class, 7 series, etc you'll understand what I mean. Its just being real but I'd still cop one.

yeah I might have went overboard there... cars at that price range usually have premium interior tech and/or premium materials and build quality and this car falls short of that.

I can live without coat hangers and cup holders (for passengers) in exchange for no gas tho.
Yeah its still an amazing car technology wise but when you get to that price range 130k full loaded the things I mentioned people going to complain about. Now the fanboys might let it slide but to get the most people overall you gotta include the simple things that I think Tesla eventually will.

LezJepzin

We Wavy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
50East/Sacramento, CA
I see these cars all over where I live in Sacramento, like they're going for a third of the asking price. They even got Tesla recharging stations at one of the Outlet Malls here :whoo:

I'd cop one if they dropped the price a bit.

Believe @Brooklynzson got one. What's the verdict on yours?

Brooklynzson

Just a kid from Brooklyn
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Coli
I see these cars all over where I live in Sacramento, like they're going for a third of the asking price. They even got Tesla recharging stations at one of the Outlet Malls here :whoo:

I'd cop one if they dropped the price a bit.

Believe @Brooklynzson got one. What's the verdict on yours?
Oh nah, i have an Nsx, that pic of the tesla I posted a while back was to show the color of the vinyl wrap I wanted.

Squirtle

Supreme Chancellor
Daps
Reppin
New York
Oh nah, i have an Nsx, that pic of the tesla I posted a while back was to show the color of the vinyl wrap I wanted.
You have an NSX? :myman: My rich neighbor has a red one, brings it out like every other weekend, whenever he catches me staring at it he hits me with the :beli:

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
:camby:

ITs nowhere as sexy, but the Chevy Volt is a better idea.

Not to mention, all the magazines that bought one for a long term test have had crazy problems with them.

So sexy though. I have seen them and Fiskers in NYC..... Id be damned the way they moved I busted all over my pants :sadcam:

dabestkeptsecret

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
jerz

Not to mention, all the magazines that bought one for a long term test have had crazy problems with them.

So sexy though. I have seen them and Fiskers in NYC..... Id be damned the way they moved I busted all over my pants :sadcam:
I havent heard of too many problems with it. U got a link to one of those magazines?

Brooklynzson

Just a kid from Brooklyn
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Coli
The interior is so ass to me :why: they just took a big ass screen and slapped in on the dash w/ no effort in design. That huge screen looks so wack to me.
2013-tesla-model-s-interior.jpg

shyt looks like an old minivan interior the way it has no center console:
46736816.jpg

I dig minimalistic designs but damn..

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I havent heard of too many problems with it. U got a link to one of those magazines?

http://www.edmunds.com/tesla/model-s/2013/long-term-road-test/wrap-up.html

Service Campaigns:
We expected some hiccups from the Model S. Not only was the car an all-new display of emerging technology, but it was also Tesla's first shot at building a car from the ground up. Our car amassed quite the repair résumé during the last 17 months.
Some notes about this list: 1) It includes everything beyond normal maintenance; 2) we had an early production car, so several of these issues were fixed as running changes on later production models; 3) many of the repairs were performed during the same visit; 4) only two visits required more than an overnight stay.
ProblemRepairCost
Suspicious noiseReplace first drive unitWarranty
Car died roadsideReplace second drive unitWarranty
Suspicious noiseReplace third drive unit and ride height sensorWarranty
Car died roadsideReplace main batteryWarranty
Touchscreen frozeReplace main display screenWarranty
Optional 21-inch rear tires worn to cords prematurelyReplace rear tires and fix alignmentWarranty
Car died roadsideReplace 12-volt battery and cablesWarranty
Steering wheel creakShim and torque sub-frame boltsWarranty
Odd noise from undercarriageRerouted logic harnesses per TSBWarranty
Sunroof will not workReplace broken sunroof deflectorWarranty
Driver door opens automaticallyReplace driver door handle mechanismWarranty
Recall issuedBattery shield kit installedWarranty
TSB issuedInspect joints for all lower control arm washersWarranty
TSB issuedUpdate firmware to version 5.8.4Warranty
TSB issuedUpdate firmware to version 5.11Warranty
TSB issuedReplace front bumper carrier boltsWarranty
TSB issuedInstall rear upper camber boltsWarranty
TSB issuedReplace side motor mountWarranty
TSB issuedReplace front floor mats, install rear floor matsWarranty
Left radiator shutter faultyReplace center louversWarranty
Lug nuts beginning to swellReplace all 20 lug nutsWarranty
Cracked vanity mirror hingeReplace cracked vanity mirror hingeGoodwill
Humming noise at start-upInstall AC compressor NVH coverGoodwill
Vanity mirror hinge crackedReplace missing charge cord trim pieceGoodwill
Touchscreen frozeManual reset (required 9 times during test)None
Windows lowered automaticallyUnresolved, happened twiceNone
TPMS confusedUnresolved, happened onceNone
Condensation in taillightUnresolved prior to saleNone

http://money.cnn.com/2014/08/12/autos/tesla-consumer-reports/

PimpHandStrong

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Decatur where its greater
I have a friend that works there. I want one really bad after he took one home and called me over to take a look at it. Its very quick, and really quiet...other than that it's what you'd expect when you spend that kind of money.

I really don't want to pay for gas anymore

He says that they have a more affordable model coming soon but chances off getting one will be slim as pre-orders will be through the roof and they don't manufacture cars without an order first.
Once that Gigafactory is done they should be able to churn them out wayyyy faster

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215

Who really cares about the "crazy" problems if they are covered under warranty anyway? If that's the case alot of people wouldn't get alot of cars. Fisker looks better esp if you were paying the same money too bad they went belly up.

The interior is so ass to me :why: they just took a big ass screen and slapped in on the dash w/ no effort in design. That huge screen looks so wack to me.
2013-tesla-model-s-interior.jpg

shyt looks like an old minivan interior the way it has no center console:
46736816.jpg

I dig minimalistic designs but damn..
Yeah I been said the interior esp for the price point is ass.

Yea Im not feeling the touch screen either

I dont like the touch screen wave in general. I shouldnt have to go through menus to turn on the AC or change my volume :camby:
You could use the steering wheel for the volume but personally I don't mind a lack of buttons.

damn :huhldup:
hopefully 5 years down the road with the newer model those things are fixed.
Why you acting like cars don't have problems in general and Tesla is great for the most part with customer service so you don't have nothing to worry about.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Who really cares about the "crazy" problems if they are covered under warranty anyway? If that's the case alot of people wouldn't get alot of cars. Fisker looks better esp if you were paying the same money too bad they went belly up.

Its not just the money. Its the inconvenience of having a car that's always in the shop. Dont b a stan, its a bad look.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Its not just the money. Its the inconvenience of having a car that's always in the shop. Dont b a stan, its a bad look.
Don't be emotional that's a bad look. In the same fukking post you quoted I said the interior of the Tesla is ass (compared to other luxury cars in the price range) and if the Fisker was functional just like the Tesla I would choose the Fisker but I'm a Stan? Sounds like you're emotional that I didn't cosign what you said.I'm just telling you what people that have the car have said and probably was said in those reports you posted also. Luxury car companies in general also seem to have people complaining about their cars being in the shop so,that's the other reason I said what I did.