What's Peoples Obsession With Eating Undercooked Meat?

Scientific Playa

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Championships
I think the amateur chef will stunt on y'all today. 🧑‍🍳

I no longer buy meat and fish over $10 bucks a pound because of the inflationary price gouging prices.

Old pic but the Prime Rib came out real good.

mq2.webp

I gave this away to my neighbor, her daughter, and mom during a holiday.

Rack of Lamb

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
Fat doesn’t look rendered enough and no crust on the outside. Probably could use a few more minutes but it’s fine.

Red Money

Pro
Daps
People don't even realize medium well is the standard for burgers unless it's a char smashed burger from smash burger, lol.

It's about temp. Shake shack though doesn't show pink....is medium well, lol. Hell I'm pretty sure McDonald's is medium well on the quarter pounders.

Daps
Reppin
Baton Rouge, LA
It's prime rib. The whole thing is a roast that's been cooked in the oven, then a bone was sliced off. So think of a rack of ribeye steaks cooked together before the "steak" is cut. That's why there no sear on it.

Last edited:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Thats prime rib, and the au jus (the black sauce) they put on it at the end is really hot and helps to finish it a bit more before it reaches your table,

and yes, i know most of yall are broke gang, but the whole value of meat comes from qualities that are rendered irrelevent if you cook them well done.
No point even talking about prime rib if you like it brown in the middle, just get you some steakums from dollar tree and leave these cuts of meat alone.

BlazedWun

Smoke sum
Daps
Assuming this isn't a joke :why:, bacteria and pathogens reside on the surface of steak so that's the only part that requires cooking. You nikkas is retarded and I would not take yall anywhere with me.

With chicken it's on both the surface and interior which is why it has to reach a certain temp before it's safe to eat. When beef is ground up, however, all that bacteria is mixed together. So now it too needs to be cooked thoroughly (I would never order a medium rare hamburger). And yes, some cultures eat tartar/raw ground beef but it's risky if prepared improperly.
what makes you think raw steak doesnt have bacteria on the inside too? what scientific study did you do to come to that conclusion?

look, I'm all about letting people eat things however they like. but...I just dont understand the snobbery that goes along with it, like why are you looking down on somebody just because they like their food cooked a certain way. And its usually the rare meat eaters that are the biggest snobs.

MuzzyP

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South Carolina
Well done or I'm not eating it :hhh:
I weep for your taste buds.

Imagine never treating them to the sublime flavor of a medium rare ribeye fresh off the grill, but instead forced to tolerate overcooked flesh.

I pray that one day you see that light, and bask in the glory that is a perfect steak. There is still time. I believe in you.

How-to-Cook-Ribeye-Steak-8.jpg

Admiral Ackbar

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Don't know the difference between blood and tannins brehs.

Eat well-done ash brehs.

Listen

Tell me moar
Daps
Reppin
A few Floors Down from the Daily Grind
what makes you think raw steak doesnt have bacteria on the inside too? what scientific study did you do to come to that conclusion?

look, I'm all about letting people eat things however they like. but...I just dont understand the snobbery that goes along with it, like why are you looking down on somebody just because they like their food cooked a certain way. And its usually the rare meat eaters that are the biggest snobs.

"Rare steaks are fine, ground beef is questionable

According to Hertz, the primary danger zone on a cut of beef is the exterior layer where the most common E. coli strains and other pathogens breed. Searing a whole steak cut will kill most bad bacteria and sterilize the meat.

Part of how chefs can get away with serving rare steaks or steak tartar is by carefully sourcing their proteins.

This is especially true with ground beef. Hertz cited a stat that a low-quality burger patty could contain meat from up to 283 cows, which aside from being a weirdly specific number, also makes it hard to trust that no susceptible surface-level muscle ended up in the mix. So budget burgers must always be cooked to a safe internal temp of 160 degrees Fahrenheit.

That said, one way restaurants can decrease the risk of a pathogen-filled patty is by grinding their own burgers themselves from a single muscle, greatly decreasing the chance of cross-contamination."