What’s the Asian country usually has the worst experiences for a black person?

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
:russ:

Where did you stay in Japan? I heard Osaka is pretty friendly when it comes to tourists.

You speak or understand Japanese?
I can speak Japanese conversationally. So the basics. But when they get excited and start going a mile a minute I’m like:whoa:

I was in Southern Japan in Takamatsu. And Osaka is very nice.

Leao2005

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Yep. Lived in Japan and Thailand. My older bosses from Japan trying to get me to come back to live that genki life. I would seriously consider retiring there to be honest.

I never encountered racism where I lived in Japan. And I was the first blk person they’d ever seen in person in the whole town.:mjlol:
Felt safer there than in racist Amerikkka.:yeshrug: It was all good once you get used to the stares and curiosity. Then again, I’m a troll so that stuff never bothered me.
You grope me and I grope back. :shaq:Touch my hair and I touch back. It used to be funny to me b/c the old people were especially bold. Oh well I guess we just gon be some creeps out in these streets.

But honestly, when I did it to them—they would be like:pachaha:and then be like “oh my bad, I’m being stupid”.

But I think some liked it too.:comeon: They so perverted in Japan.:mjlol:

Otherwise, they seemed almost protective of me. But that’s because I have a baby face and was living on my own. A lot of their kids live with them until marriage. So they thought me living by myself in a new land was concerning. I used to wake up and have strange little old ladies cleaning my house (HOW YOU GOTTA KEY TO MY CRIB THO? From my landlord…WHAT SENSE DOES THAT MAKE?! It doesn’t. But it’s Japan:yeshrug:)

Random people in town would just stop and give me gifts.:mjlol: It literally made me feel anxiety b/c sometimes I didn’t have anything to give back. So my parents would go to the dollar tree and send me cheap american trinkets. I used to carry them in my purse just in case some random stranger was gonna surprise me with something.:russ:
Very surreal experience. But no racism or even micro-aggressions.

I did get licked by a kid b/c he thought I was chocolate.:mjlol:
And being naked in an onsen while black can be interesting.
I got asked if my boobs, butt, “tan” (ain’t no tan I’m black!) and eyelashes (weird) were real.

:deadmanny:
Thailand was cool too. They were actually my complexion and people are very flirty in Thailand.
To be honest, whites in my cohort had more issues in these countries than I did. But that’s because white privilege card ain’t accepted everywhere.
Last paragraph is interesting to here

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
I heard about those random photo ops :mjlol:. I don't blame folks looking like a tired actor trying to get to the hotel when they are asked for a picture.

Me on the other hand would signed autographs and give peace signs because I'm stupid:wow:
Bruh it’s random as hell...it usually happens two kinds of ways....1, they walk up to you like "hi, may ah take uh pitcha wit chu?"...or 2, you could be eating chop sui look up and see random ass folks taking your picture like

no lie...happened to me in Xian when I was at a museum....now, if you into chinese skins...you should have no problem baggin...i had many a women walk up, hug me and ask for a pic :manny:

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
Don't have time to watch the videos RN but I'm gonna guess China and India are among the worst, Korea and Japan are among the best, Thailand and Phillipines somewhere in between

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
Breh not a knock on you but this type of thinking is why folks will never get off the stoop. We are so predestined as a people to think that a place is full of danger, instead of just experiencing for self.

I remember my own uncle and some family members questioned why I was moving to the south and that it was racist as hell, but guess what I experienced it while they stayed in Philly until it was too late.

Yes, I embraced racism by dikkheads, but it was a minority compared to the friends I made, the places I visited and so forth. Hell my first time at the beach was in the south.

Now I desire more. While the stereotypes and stigma seems to be the goal for the mindset of folks, I still want to visit China and witness to it's nature.

For now, I got my eyes on Japan, UAE, South America and whatever I shall put my claws on. Bottom line, we need to push beyond the limits of this country for not only to learn something, but to experience something greater than what is told by media and hearsay.
Do NOT listen to people who have never been to any of these places....especially black folks....they will swear on 100 Korans that every country HATES black folks even after never having set foot in the place....I've had too many debates with people who swear that they knew better and misinform other posters about going places abroad...go out and see the world....trust it is nothing like what some of these people are talking about

And just FYI...I went to China and it was 100% fine....all they care about is you spending MONEY...they don't care otherwise from what I can see....and I may go back...but I definitely plan on hitting Mongolia when I go back to Asia....

The wife and I were going to do a nice 2 week trip to Indonesia, Singapor, and Vietnam....covid fukked that up in 2020 but we're going to replan that in the next few years

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I can speak Japanese conversationally. So the basics. But when they get excited and start going a mile a minute I’m like:whoa:

I was in Southern Japan in Takamatsu. And Osaka is very nice.

:ehh: I'm trying to get to your level before visiting.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Been in Asia since late 2019. Korea and Japan, currently living in Singapore until April.

Haven't had any bad experiences since I been here. Closest thing is issues with the language barrier in Japan but that's about it.

I like Asia so much I am considering moving here.

You’re ruining the pity party breh. Let these brehs stew in their victimhood in peace. They the most hated.

Visited Shanghai and a rural city back in 2014.

For a city with a population of over 20 million, my d!ck did not flinch for 3 days till i saw non-asians. :gucci:

But anyways, Shanghai was nice. Took the bullet train to a rural city 3 hrs away and that was a whole nother’ experience.

Imagine sitting in a train station with your sister and hundreds...and i mean hundreds of people staring at you. Not even being discrete about it too. Kids, parents, elderly, teenagers, you name it. :dwillhuh:

Even in parts of shanghai they would try to take photos and my sister got fed up and said she’d knock out the next person that tried to take a photo of us. :pachaha:

One thing i also peeped while out there was that them folks DO NOT want to get darker skin. Imagine 33 degree celsius temperatures and people are walking around with umbrellas covering them...:what:

That shyt is bugged out. Long sleeves and umbrellas in the middle of the summer. It’s not racial though. Tan skin was an indication that you were poor and worked the fields. It became ingrained in the culture.

Everybody I know loved Japan and Korea. None of them had good things to say about China though. Apparently the Chinese are not very friendly people and are kind of do gross things like spit everywhere

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Another Oppression Olympics thread

Imagine waking up on a Sunday morning and scoring the internet for videos of racism and then making yet another “X people are so racist against us….we all we got”.

I can’t imagine the level of low self esteem it takes to keep making these threads.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Imagine waking up on a Sunday morning and scoring the internet for videos of racism and then making yet another “X people are so racist against us….we all we got”.

I can’t imagine the level of low self esteem it takes to keep making these threads.

Exactly breh, shyt is sad. You got 17 year old White kids traveling the world
Then you have Grown ass Black people scared to leave their city because the White Man told them not to. Living their whole life in inferiority. Absolutely sad

The Solid One

Superstar
Daps
Yep. Lived in Japan and Thailand. My older bosses from Japan trying to get me to come back to live that genki life. I would seriously consider retiring there to be honest.

I never encountered racism where I lived in Japan. And I was the first blk person they’d ever seen in person in the whole town.:mjlol:
Felt safer there than in racist Amerikkka.:yeshrug: It was all good once you get used to the stares and curiosity. Then again, I’m a troll so that stuff never bothered me.
You grope me and I grope back. :shaq:Touch my hair and I touch back. It used to be funny to me b/c the old people were especially bold. Oh well I guess we just gon be some creeps out in these streets.

But honestly, when I did it to them—they would be like:pachaha:and then be like “oh my bad, I’m being stupid”.

But I think some liked it too.:comeon: They so perverted in Japan.:mjlol:

Otherwise, they seemed almost protective of me. But that’s because I have a baby face and was living on my own. A lot of their kids live with them until marriage. So they thought me living by myself in a new land was concerning. I used to wake up and have strange little old ladies cleaning my house (HOW YOU GOTTA KEY TO MY CRIB THO? From my landlord…WHAT SENSE DOES THAT MAKE?! It doesn’t. But it’s Japan:yeshrug:)

Random people in town would just stop and give me gifts.:mjlol: It literally made me feel anxiety b/c sometimes I didn’t have anything to give back. So my parents would go to the dollar tree and send me cheap american trinkets. I used to carry them in my purse just in case some random stranger was gonna surprise me with something.:russ:
Very surreal experience. But no racism or even micro-aggressions.

I did get licked by a kid b/c he thought I was chocolate.:mjlol:
And being naked in an onsen while black can be interesting.
I got asked if my boobs, butt, “tan” (ain’t no tan I’m black!) and eyelashes (weird) were real.

:deadmanny:
Thailand was cool too. They were actually my complexion and people are very flirty in Thailand.
To be honest, whites in my cohort had more issues in these countries than I did. But that’s because white privilege card ain’t accepted everywhere.
they be beating the shyt out of white people in Thailand. :russ: