What's The Coli's favorite Miles Davis album?

Favorite Miles album?

• Round About Midnight

• Kind of Blue

• Sketches of Spain

• In a Silent Way

• bytches Brew

• A Tribute to Jack Johnson

• On the Corner

• Get Up With It

• Tutu

• Doo-Bop

• Agharta

• Dark Magus

• Other (Post in Thread)

Results are only viewable after voting.

str8up

dial 1900-raekwon
Supporter
Daps
Birth of the Cool

The sound of early Bebop Jazz, so refreshing and busy

bytches Brew is a close second, it sounds like a rainy slow night type of album :wow:

Wasn't sure if I should list that or not, great choice though. Round About Midnight and Milestones are fantastic too.

Big fan of Hard Bop, Art Blakey's Moanin is my favorite Jazz album of all time.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Wasn't sure if I should list that or not, great choice though. Round About Midnight and Milestones are fantastic too.

Big fan of Hard Bop, Art Blakey's Moanin is my favorite Jazz album of all time.

Early Bebop and Hard Bop are probably my favorite type of Jazz. It has that more "stripped away and bare" feeling

What do you think? Whats your favorite type of jazz?

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Kind of Blue opened jazz for me in a way no other record could. My jazz collection is pretty damn serious, and I owe it to Kind of Blue. My Coli name is a jazz tune by Clifford Brown that I would have never known if not for Kind of Blue.

Sketches of Spain is pretty good too. Highly recommend Coltrane's Ole which is similar if you like Sketches of Spain.

str8up

dial 1900-raekwon
Supporter
Daps
Early Bebop and Hard Bop are probably my favorite type of Jazz. It has that more "stripped away and bare" feeling

What do you think? Whats your favorite type of jazz?

Would probably have to agree with you on Hard Bop, stretching out the tempo let everyone shine with all the gaps in the music (best era for drummers imo). And it seems like everything that was coming out was heat, too many quality albums.

I really enjoy a lot of avant-garde shyt too around that time like Ornette Coleman, Eric Dolphy, Mingus, and of course Coltrane. Trane's bebop shyt was good but A Love Supreme and Ascension shyt on all his other albums.

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps

Searched for this album off the strength of this song way back when I started listening to Madlib/Quasimodo and sad combing through his Jazz Album recommendations and fell in love with it.

Truthfully I ain't listened to no other album by Miles in it's entirety like this one, but I'm sure I'd rate this my fave cause it's that damned good a record.

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
Kind of Blue. I've heard birth of the cool, round about midnight, sketches of Spain, bytches brew and kind of blue. The others I haven't heard. The pianist on Kind of Blue puts it over the top for me. I can't remember his name right now.

Kind of Blue opened jazz for me in a way no other record could. My jazz collection is pretty damn serious, and I owe it to Kind of Blue. My Coli name is a jazz tune by Clifford Brown that I would have never known if not for Kind of Blue.

Sketches of Spain is pretty good too. Highly recommend Coltrane's Ole which is similar if you like Sketches of Spain.
jazz collection on vinyl?

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Kind of Blue. I've heard birth of the cool, round about midnight, sketches of Spain, bytches brew and kind of blue. The others I haven't heard. The pianist on Kind of Blue puts it over the top for me. I can't remember his name right now.

jazz collection on vinyl?

I think it was Bill Evans. Got a few of his albums. I get to drinking at night and listen to him.......man. Melancholy, suicidal, in love, etc.. He was good.

Digital. Copping a record player and purchasing vinyl has been on my mind though. For now I'm content with headphones.