What's The Coli's favorite Miles Davis album?

Favorite Miles album?

• Round About Midnight

• Kind of Blue

• Sketches of Spain

• In a Silent Way

• bytches Brew

• A Tribute to Jack Johnson

• On the Corner

• Get Up With It

• Tutu

• Doo-Bop

• Agharta

• Dark Magus

• Other (Post in Thread)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
I think it was Bill Evans. Got a few of his albums. I get to drinking at night and listen to him.......man. Melancholy, suicidal, in love, etc.. He was good.

Digital. Copping a record player and purchasing vinyl has been on my mind though. For now I'm content with headphones.
It was bill. I have 2 of his albums. Name was just escaping me

str8up

dial 1900-raekwon
Supporter
Daps
Kind of Blue. I've heard birth of the cool, round about midnight, sketches of Spain, bytches brew and kind of blue. The others I haven't heard. The pianist on Kind of Blue puts it over the top for me. I can't remember his name right now.

jazz collection on vinyl?

The legendary Bill Evans (except on Freddie Freeloader - Wynton Kelly plays keys on there)

Kind of Blue is his masterpiece. That's the one. Blue in Green blew me away.

I don't think it's his masterpiece in terms of quality, but it's far and away the most accessible Jazz album of all time. There's a reason it's the recommended starting point for someone looking to get into the genre, anyone can appreciate it.

str8up

dial 1900-raekwon
Supporter
Daps
Ascenseur Pour Lechard:fire: french soundtrack:whoo::ohhh::wow:

This is a good choice too, mostly because of how well it captures the atmosphere. I actually like Miles being so loud in the mix too.

The lineup is kind of weak outside of Kenny Clarke but it's certainly one of Miles' more underrated joints.

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
The legendary Bill Evans (except on Freddie Freeloader - Wynton Kelly plays keys on there)

I don't think it's his masterpiece in terms of quality, but it's far and away the most accessible Jazz album of all time. There's a reason it's the recommended starting point for someone looking to get into the genre, anyone can appreciate it.
If that's not his masterpiece then what's his masterpiece?

Nighthawk

All Star
Daps
Kind of Blue. I've heard birth of the cool, round about midnight, sketches of Spain, bytches brew and kind of blue. The others I haven't heard. The pianist on Kind of Blue puts it over the top for me. I can't remember his name right now.

jazz collection on vinyl?
Bill evans. I feel the same way about kind of blue.