Whats the deal with LIFE INSURANCE? Veterans enter too.

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
I remember a while back in like 2017 some white lady was talm to.me.about life insurance policy for veterans just $5 a month.

Where do I begin and what do I need to look for in a good coverage?

Ideally I would want my casket and burial covered and not to be a burden when I die.

I mean if I go before my parents I'm sure they'd want my body back in JERSEY. Would life insurance be advised in transferring a body across country?

If I go after them then fukk it...just cremate a breh...we ain't got a family plot .

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
veterans life insurance from the federal government is basically a benefit from your service, but you have to pay into it. kind of like your pension, but it's something you opt into?

it's different than the life insurance us civilians pay into because it's backed by the feds and you're paying a different rate.

they have veterans burial benefits etc too, might be at a different rate, i'm not a vet.

if you have a kids/family, i think it's worth it. in general it's a good deal compared to regular life insurance.

just make sure you paying the feds and getting shyt from the VA because there are scammy ass companies out there, might have been the one saying all you gotta pay is $5

Last edited:

Uachet

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Black Self-Sufficiency
The money will help your parents pay for all of your burial and corpse transport expenses + extra left over depending on how much you acquire. For whole life insurance, the earlier you start it the lower your insurance cost will be over your lifetime. Term life insurance rates start off less, but will rise over time as you age and try to maintain the insurance. If you are in the military, you automatically have term life insurance called SGLI. You can continue with it as VGLI after you discharge as a veteran.

I strongly suggest you at least get whole life insurance now while you are young. Also, if you do end up creating a family of your own, you will want to maintain a decent bit of term life insurance to help cover expenses for a bit after you die. Example, I have enough Whole and Term life insurance to cover what is left on our mortgage & debt, my funeral & cremation expenses, and to leave my wife & daughter a bit of money left over to do as they please. Not too much over all that I become worth more dead than alive, but enough to make sure they do not end up in financial difficulties because of my unexpected death.

Last edited:

StretfordRed

Afro-European
Daps
Need to sort this out myself now I have a kid coming. Thanks for reminder.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If you just want to cover funeral expenses, you can get an inexpensive term life policy. I have one and it’s like $80/yr for $15k or something.

My friend just planned her father’s cremation services and it was like $6700 total. If you want to be buried the price will most likely double to triple. It depends on what kind of service you want, which is kinda weird to plan your own funeral.

I’m getting my ashes pressed into diamonds (watching too much Ozark) and oddly enough, it’s not that expensive.