What's up with this "Flat Earth" nonsense gaining so much popularity?

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Seriously, it's all over the Internet and it's starting to get annoying. Even if I go to TLR there seems to be like a 75% consensus that the Earth is flat and anybody who believes otherwise is a sheep. :dahell:

Are you a flat-Earther? More Americans than ever before are searching for the 'truth'

What's really good with this? Is it due to the Internet making it easy for people to spread dumb conspiracy theories? Are there just a bunch of people with nothing better to do than troll all day? Are people just stupider now than they used to be? Contrarianism? A psychological need for people to feel like their smarter than everyone else and have some special knowledge? Some kind of weird religious fundamentalism?

It's just hard for me to understand why some people in 2018 seems to legitimately believe this kind of dumb shyt. Or maybe the Earth really is flat and I'm the crazy one. :yeshrug:

Ya' Cousin Cleon

OG COUCH CORNER HUSTLA
Daps
Reppin
Harvey World to Dallas, TX
Seriously, it's all over the Internet and it's starting to get annoying. Even if I go to TLR there seems to be like a 75% consensus that the Earth is flat and anybody who believes otherwise is a sheep. :dahell:

Are you a flat-Earther? More Americans than ever before are searching for the 'truth'

What's really good with this? Is it due to the Internet making it easy for people to spread dumb conspiracy theories? Are there just a bunch of people with nothing better to do than troll all day? Are people just stupider now than they used to be? Contrarianism? A psychological need for people to feel like their smarter than everyone else and have some special knowledge?

Or maybe the Earth really is flat and I'm the crazy one. :yeshrug:

there's your answer

Daps
Reppin
Golden Era/Drama free Zone
We live in a country where a large amount of people speak in tongues of the holy spirit, regularly attend church/mosque, and deny evolution

this shouldn't surprise you at all.

Eventually it all will die down and slowly disappear, but I'm pessimistic about when, my guess is hundreds of years from now, maybe thousands.

Everythingg

King-Over-Kingz
Daps
Troll
That's because in the last days of the kingdom of cac rulership, a lotta truths are coming out :blessed:

So no more "spinning hurling ball that we can't experience/feel/witness" just as no more "all blacks are from Africa and none were in America" lies. Most of y'all are gonna get left while a sELECT few will be chosen to lead next with the truths that were once hidden. Smarten up brehs

AndroidHero

Superstar
Daps
That's because in the last days of the kingdom of cac rulership, a lotta truths are coming out :blessed:

So no more "spinning hurling ball that we can't experience/feel/witness" just as no more "all blacks are from Africa and none were in America" lies. Most of y'all are gonna get left while a sELECT few will be chosen to lead next with the truths that were once hidden. Smarten up brehs

Go away troll.

Maschine_Man

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Alt Right Troll
Most flat earthers are just trolls and look to argue...for the sake of arguing.

but just like any other trolling, when ppl feed them they get bigger. and they grow. so ppl will continue to push this for as long as they get attention.

But just like anything else, there are also the few mentally ill out there that are stuck on their delusions.