What's Your Degree in?

69 others

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
M.S Applied Math.

To the person above who asked about getting a C.S degree. If you have a nack for it and study hard it is well worth it, C.S not IT, even during the recession it's one of the few feilds were graduates are in demand. A matter of fact any degree where you learn to work with numbers, programming, algorithms, etc is well worth it.

Only On Camera

All Star
Supporter
Daps
i hate you. lol nah congratulations :win:, i have the same thing, but still working retail working on the BS/CPA.

:laugh: I was gonna continue to pursue my bachelors but I figured Id test the job market thinking Id find something right away. Wasnt as easy as I thought. The past three-four months Ive had about 15 interviews but it seemed like none of them wanted to take a chance and hire someone with no experience and only a degree, which I cant really blame them for. Put in the two week notice last week at my current job and am :win: right now. Good luck with your further studies man.

J_rock

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
what can u do with a bachelors in political science? dont u have to go to law school or something?

Basically. I got a BA in polysci too. shyt is worthless in the job market. A lot of people go to law school that have degrees in political science/government, but lawyers hate their lives and law school debt turns you into a slave. I'm getting my MBA instead.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Basically. I got a BA in polysci too. shyt is worthless in the job market. A lot of people go to law school that have degrees in political science/government, but lawyers hate their lives and law school debt turns you into a slave. I'm getting my MBA instead.

:cheers: welcome to the world of business breh

what you concentration gonna be

J_rock

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:cheers: welcome to the world of business breh

what you concentration gonna be

Don't know yet. Probably get a general MBA. I've already applied to the program I want and everything. They just waiting on my GMAT score. Taking it tomorrow. Gonna hoop in a couple of hours and catch the Avengers later this afternoon to relax my mind and then I'm going to the test center on Monday and beastin.

:win:

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps

No offense, but this is very off. An MBA means nothing without experience. BTW, PoliSci majors score higher on average on the GMAT than Business majors :manny: :manny: random fact.

But you're oversimplifying everything. If you got a degree in polisci and you never interned or made connects then you're fukked. But that would also mean that you have no business experience to make the MBA give you any added value. Warren Buffet: "I have no use for MBAs."

But third, MBAs pay the same tuition as law students? What makes you think that you still wouldn't be in debt? Finally, anyone who gets paid good money works insane hours. My friends at Morgan Stanley, etc. who are doing consulting are all working crazy hours. Particularly in NY. My friends in other parts of the country have more reasonable hours.

But really, without networking and experience, any non-STEM (and even then if you slack or score poorly) will not get you a job straight out. Unless you were in b-school (a good one). Business is another major under fire.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Don't know yet. Probably get a general MBA. I've already applied to the program I want and everything. They just waiting on my GMAT score. Taking it tomorrow. Gonna hoop in a couple of hours and catch the Avengers later this afternoon to relax my mind and then I'm going to the test center on Monday and beastin.

:win:

good luck. tell us how it goes. I think I'm gonna do my GMAT in my final year too. What b-school you look at?

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
good luck. tell us how it goes. I think I'm gonna do my GMAT in my final year too. What b-school you look at?

What's your major? My boys took the GMAT, but they're all going to work first. they understand you need to have experience. Usually you've worked for at least two years.

YBE

Banned
Daps
No offense, but this is very off. An MBA means nothing without experience. BTW, PoliSci majors score higher on average on the GMAT than Business majors :manny: :manny: random fact.

But you're oversimplifying everything. If you got a degree in polisci and you never interned or made connects then you're fukked. But that would also mean that you have no business experience to make the MBA give you any added value. Warren Buffet: "I have no use for MBAs."

But third, MBAs pay the same tuition as law students? What makes you think that you still wouldn't be in debt? Finally, anyone who gets paid good money works insane hours. My friends at Morgan Stanley, etc. who are doing consulting are all working crazy hours. Particularly in NY. My friends in other parts of the country have more reasonable hours.

But really, without networking and experience, any non-STEM (and even then if you slack or score poorly) will not get you a job straight out. Unless you were in b-school (a good one). Business is another major under fire.

yea. i was about to say that same.

normally you're supposed to work 4-6 years before going to business school. it's meant to help you rebrand yourself & transition into a new phase of your career. (i.e. i did investment banking, i want go into private equity now)

having a mba without the experience puts you into a weird position. you'd be overqualified for entry positions. not nearly enough experience for the positions you're shooting for.

G.O.A.T

All Star
Daps
What's your major? My boys took the GMAT, but they're all going to work first. they understand you need to have experience. Usually you've worked for at least two years.

yeah, a lot of schools also have that as a requirement too for their program (like U of MD).
I know though some people like to get that MBA right after undergrad since, with some, the longer you're out working it might give them less motivation to go back to school