What's your favorite song from "It Was Written"?

Lord Scion

Quality Games
Supporter
Daps
Silent Murder
Take It In Blood (though I prefer part 2)
I Gave You Power
The Message
Affirmative Action

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I got 11 favorites, lol

1. The Message ~ That 1st verse is the illest verse on the whole album imo...and that's saying a whole lot.

2. If I Ruled The World ~ One of my favorite rap songs ever. Probably the "best" song on the album. Second verse might be up there with that 1st verse on "The Message".

3. Street Dreams ~ Probably my most played rap song ever, 3rd verse be speaking to my soul. Crazy how him and Pac rockin on the same beat did nothing to deter me either way, same beat but still sound totally different for some reason.

4. Take it in Blood ~ Perfect beat. Perfect Rhyming.

5. I Gave You Power ~ Conceptually, this shyt was alien music in 1996. I was too young to appreciate it for what it was back then...but as I got older I realized why my big bro and them thought this was the dopest song ever.

6. Suspect ~ This was my favorite song as an 11 year old hearing this shyt the first time, shyt was gangsta AF, lol. I still love it. "Are you the type of nikka to shoot a leg to get cha name known?"

7. Silent Murder

8. Black Girl Lost

9. Watch Dem nikkas

10. Affirmative Action

11. Nas is Coming (I came to appreciate this over the years, mainly Nas' rapping. I always skipped it back then.)

The Set Up, Shootouts, Live nikka Rap. All three are good (Especially The Set Up) but I wouldn't put them on my "Favorites" list, I never revisit them. I feel like I'm forgetting something for some reason, if so it probably belongs with these other 3 too, for me. 7 joints I LOVE and 4 joints I really like...can't realistically ask for much more from an album.

Mandizi

5-I-3 till I D-I-E
Daps
Reppin
Cincy
Take it in blood

The lyrical/mc skill bruh displayed on that track was major. Beat was tough too.