Whats your opinion on African Americans who are obsessed with Egypt?

Mtt

Superstar
Daps
Now, Im not one to knock someone who has a healthy interest in a culture outside of their own, however I have to admit I do :mjpls:whenever I see some black people here in America who try to lay claim or talk about "getting back to our roots" in regards to Egypt when we are ethically and genetically West African, which has nothing to do with the Egyptian region whatsoever.

Its slightly concerning that so many people are so gung ho about Egypt (a country thats in a way been "validated" by whites as a great civilization) but I don't see that same type of fervor towards (the just as incredible) west/central African cultures/empires/civilizations that we actually have a connection to. Why is that?

thoughts?
It's lazy research
From their part for not searching and appreciating other African civilizations . They still have that eurocentric mindset of glitzy and glamour romanticizing Egypt and add the self hate. I understand the kemetic aspects but you have a portion of them with that .mindset of there can only be (one ) golden civilization .

Why

Superstar
Daps
It's their way of covering a deep seated inferiority complex. Since ancient Egypt was once a great civilization, its only natural for them to lay claim to it.

These people are desperate for a rich history since theirs has been nothing but tragedy after tragedy.
banned his dumbass:russ:

President Sakora

Supporter
Daps

cause egypt waas a metropolis where africans from all over the continent went to learn and contribute one way or another. their dynasties were many and comprised of many african peoples the latest were the sudanese, before that their predecessors looked like the Dogon peoples and so on. don't mistake the current arab presence for what they looked like before the assyrian slaughter/takeover. it is what it is.

invalid

Banned
Daps
Northern Europeans take an interest in Roman history despite the Romans being Southern European because they were still white and built a great empire.

Most Northern European kingdoms are successors of Rome. Britannia (England), Gallia (France), (Germania) Germany, Hispania (Spain), Russia - were all part of the Roman Empire at one point, and whose own kingdoms sprang forth from the fall of the Roman Empire. Even the names of their rulers ties them back to Rome - Rex/Regina (England), Rey/Reina (Spain), Roi (France) Kaiser (Germany), Czar (Russia). To account for their history, you have to include Rome because it is from Rome that they were born.

However, we can’t show the same descendency of West African Kingdoms from Egypt. The Egyptian Empire did not extend that deep into Africa.

Last edited: