Whats your opinion on African Americans who are obsessed with Egypt?

Chichi Manietzsche

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Long Beach, CA
Now, Im not one to knock someone who has a healthy interest in a culture outside of their own, however I have to admit I do :mjpls:whenever I see some black people here in America who try to lay claim or talk about "getting back to our roots" in regards to Egypt when we are ethically and genetically West African, which has nothing to do with the Egyptian region whatsoever.

Its slightly concerning that so many people are so gung ho about Egypt (a country thats in a way been "validated" by whites as a great civilization) but I don't see that same type of fervor towards (the just as incredible) west/central African cultures/empires/civilizations that we actually have a connection to. Why is that?

thoughts?

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The Egyptians were black and built one of the greatest civilizations the world has ever known so why shouldn't we be interested?

Northern Europeans take an interest in Roman history despite the Romans being Southern European because they were still white and built a great empire.

KinksandCoils

African American Queen
Daps
Reppin
Locker room
Not all African Americans came from west Africa. Not every black persons roots are from slavery. Africans have came over to America on their own just like other races. And I don't see what's wrong with loving an African country like Egypt at the end of the day most of us don't even know what African country our people came from anyways.

ridedolo

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Now, Im not one to knock someone who has a healthy interest in a culture outside of their own, however I have to admit I do :mjpls:whenever I see some black people here in America who try to lay claim or talk about "getting back to our roots" in regards to Egypt when we are ethically and genetically West African, which has nothing to do with the Egyptian region whatsoever.

Its slightly concerning that so many people are so gung ho about Egypt (a country thats in a way been "validated" by whites as a great civilization) but I don't see that same type of fervor towards (the just as incredible) west/central African cultures/empires/civilizations that we actually have a connection to. Why is that?

thoughts?

do you have threads on caucasians white-washing the history of egypt in media/history?

Ness

Banned
Daps
Not all African Americans came from west Africa. Not every black persons roots are from slavery. Africans have came over to America on their own just like other races. And I don't see what's wrong with loving an African country like Egypt at the end of the day most of us don't even know what African country our people came from anyways.
:laff:

ridedolo

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

right. these idiots will attack black people for claiming africa, but give a pass to whites who have actively white-washed our history. dudes and their slave mentality man.

BlackAchilles

Veteran
Daps
16t4MF7.png

Chichi Manietzsche

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Long Beach, CA
The Egyptians were black and built one of the greatest civilizations the world has ever known so why shouldn't we be interested?

Northern Europeans take an interest in Roman history despite the Romans being Southern European because they were still white and built a great empire.

I don't think there's a problem with having an interest. My concern is where people say we should "Return to our Roots" or "Remember where We came From" with all these memes of people wearing pharaoh hats when thats not where we come from. Id like to see people show more interest in things like the Mali Empire & Benin Empire and places in West Africa, instead of concentrating solely on the East

MajorVitaman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang (formerly Eastcoastnaga)

thoughts?

There is such a strong connection because the Freemasons who designed this country used Kemet as a blueprint.

There's also a genetic connection being that Kemet was the last civilization of the Nile Valley. The people who made the Nile thrive were from all over Africa. Many Africans from the west, central & south from the last 2,000 years were forced there through years of invasions from Europeans, Arabs etc. Which then brought up many empires like Mali, Ife, Songhai etc