Whats your opinion on African Americans who are obsessed with Egypt?

MajorVitaman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang (formerly Eastcoastnaga)
I don't think there's a problem with having an interest. My concern is where people say we should "Return to our Roots" or "Remember where We came From" with all these memes of people wearing pharaoh hats when thats not where we come from. Id like to see people show more interest in things like the Mali Empire & Benin Empire and places in West Africa, instead of concentrating solely on the East

Yes cause returning to what made us successful would fukk up massas "amerikkkan dream", can't have that now huh?

Ignore timelines, migration & history bruhs. What makes you think you can't learn/teach about all of our ancestral history?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Now, Im not one to knock someone who has a healthy interest in a culture outside of their own, however I have to admit I do :mjpls:whenever I see some black people here in America who try to lay claim or talk about "getting back to our roots" in regards to Egypt when we are ethically and genetically West African, which has nothing to do with the Egyptian region whatsoever.

Its slightly concerning that so many people are so gung ho about Egypt (a country thats in a way been "validated" by whites as a great civilization) but I don't see that same type of fervor towards (the just as incredible) west/central African cultures/empires/civilizations that we actually have a connection to. Why is that?

thoughts?

You sound white to me. Usually this sentiment is from page 1 of the cac handbook.

The reason we talk about Egypt so much is cause racist cacs try so hard to separate it from Africa. If cacs tried to claim Mansa Musa and the great Mali Empire as non-black, then you would see a lot more focus on that.

Stop pretending to be black white boy and just say you don't think nikkas coulda built the pyramids. Cause I know that's what you really wanna say. :pacspit:

ridedolo

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yes I do.

And Im doing more for the black community than u ever could breh. Dont question me

LOL so where's your thread asking why the pyramid is on the dollar bill? Does that not bother you? What's the American relationship to Egypt? Is their claim to egypt more valid than black people? School me..

Daps
Reppin
#RIP Kobe
It's their way of covering a deep seated inferiority complex. Since ancient Egypt was once a great civilization, its only natural for them to lay claim to it.

These people are desperate for a rich history since theirs has been nothing but tragedy after tragedy.

The negro is cursed to be confused and claim everything but who they really are . Israelites>Egypt breh