Whats your opinion on African Americans who are obsessed with Egypt?

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I'm pretty sure all Asians learn about Genghis Khan and his empire. I doubt only Mongolians are allowed to talk about Genghis Khan. What's the difference?

Nothing wrong with learning I'm referring to a lot of African Americans sayin "we" come from there when we don't

yo slave ass prolly a "christian" in church every sunday giving that money up

No what do u believe in tho

Daps
I don't think there's a problem with having an interest. My concern is where people say we should "Return to our Roots" or "Remember where We came From" with all these memes of people wearing pharaoh hats when thats not where we come from. Id like to see people show more interest in things like the Mali Empire & Benin Empire and places in West Africa, instead of concentrating solely on the East

Sub saharan Africa had no civilizations of its own hence why none of them lay claim to it with the same fervor as they do for ancient Egypt.:sas1:

I wouldn't be surprised if this is the same crowd who applauded Mayweather for his stupid comments on why he ain't doing nothing for Africa.

MajorVitaman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang (formerly Eastcoastnaga)
Sub saharan Africa had no civilizations of its own hence why none of them lay claim to it with the same fervor as they do for ancient Egypt.:sas1:

Nordic Europeans didn't develop a language of their own and were known throughout the world as Barbaric, illiterate degenerates who don't know how to live in tune with this planet...

Yet you have a bunch of blond hair blue eyed cacs claiming Rome & Greece.
:mjlol:

MalikReloaded

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Nothing wrong with learning I'm referring to a lot of African Americans sayin "we" come from there when we don't

Do you tell this stuff to whites who constantly admire Greece and Rome eventhough their ancestors lived 1,500 miles away?

Also keep in mind, Ancient Egypt was invaded and the native blacks were ran off to other areas of Africa by the Arabs. This is why Central, East, West and Southern Africans share genetic markers and cluster most heavily with the royal Egyptian families. So they are still our ancestors. Our more recent ancestors are just from West / Central Africa of course.

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
People get off on Egyptian history cuz its been spoon fed to us. People really think King Tut was that nikka :heh:

It wasn't till I got to college that I learned about any African history that wasn't Egypt. I learned everything thru my mother.

If we learned in the 3rd grade about nikkas like Mansa Musa...:wow:

Supa cat

Catset Don Dada
Daps

I wouldn't be surprised if this is the same crowd who applauded Mayweather for his stupid comments on why he ain't doing nothing for Africa.

richest man to date was sub suharan african:coffee: there more i can go in on but i wont bother with you cac

Deluuxe

Deadly Jester
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
o6d002.jpg

:coffee:.

Daps
The negro is cursed to be confused and claim everything but who they really are . Israelites>Egypt breh

Oh boy. Guess this is the part where you tell me the original Europeans were black?

Some of the things you guys say here is just plain ridiculous. I'm now convinced that many of the "pro black activists" on this site are actually white people just trolling.

SemiEnlightenedBum

The Project's Manly P Hall
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
I'm Hard Like D-Block Readin The Book Of Enoch...
Khemet twas the greatest dynasty to ever grace this earth,so great that just the mentions of it denote an ethereal,grand,epic,mysterious reputation,they birthed the idea/name of "civilization" and historians/archaeologists/metaphysicians/etc still don't understand the full scope&spectrum of their reign..

with that said i agree that more humanoids should learn about Kush/Mali/Timbuktu and the Motherland as a whole,from Madagascar to Morocco

Chichi Manietzsche

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Long Beach, CA
You sound white to me. Usually this sentiment is from page 1 of the cac handbook.

The reason we talk about Egypt so much is cause racist cacs try so hard to separate it from Africa. If cacs tried to claim Mansa Musa and the great Mali Empire as non-black, then you would see a lot more focus on that.

Stop pretending to be black white boy and just say you don't think nikkas coulda built the pyramids. Cause I know that's what you really wanna say. :pacspit:

Where did I say they weren't black :heh:
Im talking about African Americans who are genetically of WEST & CENTRAL African descent who obsess over Egypt. People have really bought into the White Supremacist myth that West African civilization has never done anything worth noting, so they cling to Egypt as though that were the only one. You almost never hear people talking about Mansa Musa or any cool/educational things about w. Africa but they'll talk for days about pyramids and pharaohs :mjlol:

Um. Ghouls

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The climb

No sub sharan civ eh? Do you even know what sub saharan means?:dame:

I hate the phrase, but neuro-linguistic programming is real:shaq2:

Are you even black?:aicmon:

MajorVitaman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang (formerly Eastcoastnaga)
Where did I say they weren't black :heh:
Im talking about African Americans who are genetically of WEST & CENTRAL African descent who obsess over Egypt. People have really bought into the White Supremacist myth that West African civilization has never done anything worth noting, so they cling to Egypt as though that were the only one. You almost never hear people talking about Mansa Musa or any cool/educational things about w. Africa but they'll talk for days about pyramids and pharaohs :mjlol:

Ignore timelines bruhs

MrTibbs

Rookie
Daps
Delusional is the first word that comes to mind

self-hate is the second.

I think other black people buy into it in order to try to meet some white level of respect because they feel that they have something worthy to challenge CACs over