What's your top five gaming developers?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You don't even need to know what games they making, you know it'll most likely be piff.

For me
  1. Nintendo(basically most of their games)
  2. Hal Laboratory(Smash Brothers Series :wow:)
  3. Naughty Dog(Crash, Jak Series, Uncharted, TLOU)
  4. Rockstar(GTA, Bully, The Warriors :wow:, RDR)
  5. Capcom(Resident Evil, Dino Crisis, Street Fighter, Rival Schools, MVC, Power Stone etc.)
Runner Up:Square Enix for them JRPGS :wow: and ....*cough* Konami *cough* for MGS series(except MGSV, fukk that game and it's fans)
EA Sports Big for the piff they dropped during the PS2 Gen(Def Jam Vendetta, NBA Street)
Pretty much seeing the logos for these devs on a new game announcement is :lupe: and :ohlawd: reaction. I know I'm missing alot some others.

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
Square
Nintendo
Rockstar
Capcom
Atlus for the fukkery.

be back in a bit

All Star
Daps
This post turned out longer than I expected, guess I got inspired. :yeshrug: This is my current list, not all time. Some of my favorite studios of the past like Sega, Bungie, Konami fell off hard. :wow:

1) Naughty Dog
  • Pound for pound the best studio in the game right now
  • They created two game of the gen contenders last gen (Uncharted 2 and The Last of Us)
  • Uncharted 4 will probably will be the best game of the gen so far
2) Valve
  • Near flawless game development record
  • Dota 2, love it or hate it, is one of the best multiplayer games of all time
  • They've been inactive for some time now, but they've created some of the best single player games of all time (Half-Life 1/2, Portal 1/2)
3) From Software
  • Dark Souls was one of the greatest games last gen, and Bloodborne/Dark Souls 3 are in the top 5 this gen so far
  • Able to create game of the year contenders in 2 year dev cycles which is almost unheard of
  • Bold in their creative choices and don't let popular trends and the casual audience negatively influence their vision
4) Capcom
  • Street Fighter V is my current favorite game of the gen
  • Resident Evil is and will always be one of my favorite game series. Gimme RE7 and RE2make.
  • Even though they've lost key talent over the years, they have some of the best gameplay designers in the industry
5) Crystal Dynamics
  • One of the few western developers that makes action/adventure games (my favorite genre)
  • Second only to Naughty Dog in terms of graphics, animation and sound
  • Strong talent for game mechanics and level design (rare in western studios)
  • Potential to be great if they stop trying to please everyone
Honorable Mentions

Nintendo
- For a company of their size and with their talent, their output has been wack these past 5 years. But they'll be back. Zelda NX, Mario NX and Metroid NX will kill.

Rockstar North - With GTA they create easily the best open worlds in gaming. They deserve recognition just for that.

Visceral Games - Personal favorite because of Dead Space 1 and especially Dead Space 2. They've fallen off since, but I got a good feeling about the Star Wars game they're making.

Ubisoft Montreal - Very talented, but they need to slow their roll a bit. Too hit and miss. But when they hit (Far Cry 3), they hit (Rainbow Six: Siege).

TBdaGhost

Bay Bay
Daps
Naughty Dog
Naughty Dog
Naughty Dog
Naughty Dog
Naughty Dog

images

From Software
Level 5
Bioware
Nintendo

Last edited:

IslandG

All Star
Daps
Base on their entire porfolio and hit-miss ratio

1. Nintendo
2. Capcom
3. Konami
4. Rareware
5. Squaresoft

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
1. Nintendo.
2. Square Enix
3. Platinum Games
4. Rockstar
5. Way forward

Honorable mentions: Capcom, Sega and (despite the current bullshyt) Konami.

Prince Luchini

Stay dolo so thorough
Daps
1. Platinum games
  • Constantly making piff and one of the few japanese companies that's running things now
2. Rockstar
  • Another company that puts out ground breaking stellar games. They stay Trendsetting
  • Been around for a minute but also has a lot lowkey classics under their belt and still puts out piff RPGs to this day
4.Nintendo
  • regardless of the neglect of certain franchises and general stupid shyt they do I still got love for them and their games
5.Capcom
  • same as nintendo even tho they piss me off at times they still got my heart with their games. Aside from nintendo they're the only company with notable franchises people care about . They also birthed a lot of other companies that left them (i.e. Platinum, SNK etc)

Daps
Firaxis...local dev house, top quality games
Nintendo...need I explain?
Double Fine...philosophy based on the love of the hobby
Naughty Dog...does not cut corners and always aims to master the hardware
Rockstar...love the holistic approach to their development

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Capcom
Konami
Sega
Nintendo
????

i should place Square but i really fux with Rockstar, Bioware

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
a lot of good companies out there so it's hard but i'll go with

nintendo
capcom
naughty dog
Blizzard
Square enix

Honorable mentions: 2k, ubisoft, konami, rare.