When did fighting games become so boring?

It is a mystery

Tory Lanez Stan
Daps
thread is a prime example of what the problem with fighters is.

Its literally too hard and requires to much dedication for your average gamer. Even gamers that are amazing alot of times cant deal with battling another human being 1 on 1

I dont think every fighting game is so inherently hard that the general gaming population can't grasp them. In a fighting game, the game is only as hard as your opponent. If you are just playing everyday online players, they are hundreds of leagues below people who place at tournaments. At the same time, these everyday online players are the ones washing newbies

why?

Not because the game is hard, but because it's hard to learn because the resources to learn a lot of these games requires you go out of your way and research online to figure out all of the game's mechanics. Which modern games genuinely put effort into teaching you how to play fighting games with a PROPER tutorial?
  1. Guilty Gear Xrd
  2. UNIST
  3. Dead or Alive

That's it. 3 games and they are all kind of niche in the west. Street fighter 5 teaches you the absolute bare minimum basics and that's about it. Tekken doesn't tell you shyt :mjlol: There's nothing on tekken mechanics such as staggers, special throw breaks, tech traps, etc. let alone any general fighting game concepts

Of course people are going to get fukked if they are just thrown to the wolves

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
It’s just redundant. That’s all. Like, I’ll only play a fighting game every once and a while, for a week straight and then not play it for a few months because I’m bored. But my attention span for video games is waning in general...

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
It's simple really. We live in the age of "Patch culture" No one wants to grind to get better. The very second they lose they scream "this is broken" instead of finding a way to beat it.

Devs no longer are willing to make deep and engaging fighters cause the vast majority won't be able to last 1 week online. So u get games like DBFZ which visually are amazing but the core gameplay is very basic. Those are the fighters the "casuals" want

There are still some good fighters out there. But they are niche. Namely speaking of UNIEL

PS5

Wiz a 1/2 seed right now ya dig Tekashi1223
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
I dont think every fighting game is so inherently hard that the general gaming population can't grasp them. In a fighting game, the game is only as hard as your opponent. If you are just playing everyday online players, they are hundreds of leagues below people who place at tournaments. At the same time, these everyday online players are the ones washing newbies

why?

Not because the game is hard, but because it's hard to learn because the resources to learn a lot of these games requires you go out of your way and research online to figure out all of the game's mechanics. Which modern games genuinely put effort into teaching you how to play fighting games with a PROPER tutorial?
  1. Guilty Gear Xrd
  2. UNIST
  3. Dead or Alive

That's it. 3 games and they are all kind of niche in the west. Street fighter 5 teaches you the absolute bare minimum basics and that's about it. Tekken doesn't tell you shyt :mjlol: There's nothing on tekken mechanics such as staggers, special throw breaks, tech traps, etc. let alone any general fighting game concepts

Of course people are going to get fukked if they are just thrown to the wolves
You say only 3 games which tells us you have excluded killer instinct :ufdup:

DonkeyPuncher718

If Your Knee Dont Bend It Can Be Broken
Daps
Reppin
The Wall
Why are so many casuals speaking on fighting games here?:picard:

Why are so many fighting game VETS entertaining these clowns?:hhh:

I read through this bullshyt and I see the people I've fought online throughout the years here really going back and forth wit these rookies like why?

You know who really bout that action boss and who ducks and hides when its time to get it in.

Fighting games are fun because they are difficult. I dont give a fukk if the person im going against knows how to play the moment they pick up them sticks they are an enemy and must be destroyed period.

If you think theyre boring play something else.:yeshrug:

Could you imagine if you walked by a bunch of people playing chess and someone goes "Chess is sooo boring they need to change the rules game hasnt improved in 2000 years":troll:

:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

fukk yall casuals

Amor fati

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Great Britain
As I got older I seemed to lack tolerance for 2d platform fighting games them shyts get me extremely bored and creating combos frustrated me. I never found myself getting bored of 3D fighters, though I usually take a hiatus due to other obligations. There needs to be more 3D games like Virtual On(If you consider it a fighting game), Fighting Vipers, Bloody Roar, Evil Zone, Destrega, Ehergeiz and Psychic Force. I've always found Destrega and Psychic force simple however you still had to take time practice with the particular characters as there was an array of moves that would come in hand in situations.