When did PG-13 Horror flicks start to become popular?

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A true horror flick should NEVER be PG-13. :camby:

I mean...for awhile? Kids like to be scared to and what the fukk is true horror?

What’s wrong with having gateway horror movies for teens and hound adults? You ain’t one of those morons that thinks gore and blood are the only things that make a horror movie good, are you?

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
I mean...for awhile? Kids like to be scared to and what the fukk is true horror?

What’s wrong with having gateway horror movies for teens and hound adults? You ain’t one of those morons that thinks gore and blood are the only things that make a horror movie good, are you?
Blood and gore is fine in doses. But if you look at the list of PG-13 horror flicks, in terms of popularity, there's not much worth discussing. Some of the best horror is Rated R.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Blood and gore is fine in doses. But if you look at the list of PG-13 horror flicks, in terms of popularity, there's not much worth discussing. Some of the best horror is Rated R.

The others
The ring
Poltergeist (PG)
Insidious
Sixth sense
Happy death day
Drag me to hell
Cloverfield
And last but certainly not least, the birds.

That’s just off the top of my head homie and those are some of the best horror flicks of all time or at least highly regarded.

Those ads all popular flicks and were wildly successful.

Like I said it’s abour execution. The right director and script can do a lot

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
The others
The ring
Poltergeist (PG)
Insidious
Sixth sense
Happy death day
Drag me to hell
Cloverfield
And last but certainly not least, the birds.

That’s just off the top of my head homie and those are some of the best horror flicks of all time or at least highly regarded.

Those ads all popular flicks and were wildly successful.

Like I said it’s abour execution. The right director and script can do a lot
I only see the 6th Sense as the most popular one. I don’t hear anyone talk about the others much. Cloverfield is more sci-fi. Birds gets its props, but not touching Psycho when it comes to Horror Hitch. Ring was meh to me.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I only see the 6th Sense as the most popular one. I don’t hear anyone talk about the others. Cloverfield is more sci-fi.

I’ve only seen 3 you listed, and aside from 6th Sense and not including Cloverfield, Ring was meh to me.

You don’t hear anyone talk about the birds? Or insidious? I’m talking horror circles with horror geeks or just a horror list. shyt bravo did two specials on horror about a decade ago and the birds and drag me to hell and the others and poltergeist were all included.

Grant it all the shyt is subjective but you’d be hard pressed to find a horror list or horror site that doesn’t revere most if not all of those movies. Especially the birds

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
You don’t hear anyone talk about the birds? Or insidious? I’m talking horror circles with horror geeks or just a horror list. shyt bravo did two specials on horror about a decade ago and the birds and drag me to hell and the others and poltergeist were all included.

Grant it all the shyt is subjective but you’d be hard pressed to find a horror list or horror site that doesn’t revere most if not all of those movies. Especially the birds
I didn’t see Birds on the list until after I edited my post. Still, those PG13 movies don’t compare to the likes of Exorcist, Shining, Halloween, Psycho, etc.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I didn’t see Birds on the list until after I edited my post. Still, those movies don’t compare to the likes of Exorcist, Shining, Halloween, Psycho, etc.

I’d say that’s the subjective part. And again theyre all classic. shyt psycho is only an R rating because it has a woman in her bra and in the shower and they showed a toilet and it has a man dressed as a woman.

That’s part of my argument with this whole rating thing. It’s completely subjective to the time the movie came out. In the context of today, Halloween wouldn’t be rated r. Neither would psycho.

And for my money there are things in the others or insidious that fukked me up way harder than the exorcist.

Last edited:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I’d say that’s the subjective part. And again theyre all classic. shyt psycho is only an R rating because it has a woman in her bra and in the shower and they showed a toilet and it has a man dressed as a woman.

That’s part of my argument with this whole rating thing. It’s conplewly subjective to the time the movie came out. In the context of today, Halloween wouldn’t be rated r. Neither would psycho.

And for my money there are things in the others or insidious that fukked me up way harder than the exorcist.

I never knew "Jaws" was Rated PG until 5 minutes ago.