When did u notice one of your favorite MC's falling off?

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Honestly that Show Me What you Got bullshyt got a pass on the strength of the samples and the over the top Just Blaze beat. And Just Blaze seems only good for like 1 hot record every 2 years at this point. He shot his shot in the Roc days. But Kingdom Come was just a mess. Maybe it was a cash grab since he did it with Budweiser but don’t expect the fans to buy into this bullshyt

I made a thread about how garbage Show Me What You Got was, and I stand by it. One of the worst rap singles ever, especially based on the hype surrounding it.

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
I made a thread about how garbage Show Me What You Got was, and I stand by it. One of the worst rap singles ever, especially based on the hype surrounding it.

In the middle of a hot DJ set, that record will move some asses in the club but everything about it was just lazy.

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
220px-Malpractice.jpg

This is when I knew it was over for Reggie. He went platinum right before this album, and dude was never the same again. After Muddy Waters, things kinda started going downhill. He went from being a hardcore MC to more of a campy comedian rapper. From '92-'96, you could argue that he was easily Top 5 for that era, but after that the decline was mad swift.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Rasassination was a big drop off for Ras.
That was hyped record too and it just flopped. Even with the leftover dre feature. Maybe that was foreshadowing it's doom.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This isn't necessarily albums, but hip hop moments:

RUN-DMC dropped the club record "Pause".
Eric B and Rakim partying around white model on "Don't Sweat the Technique".
Big Daddy Kane posing for "Playgirl".
Q-Tip's solo effort
Parish Smith solo effort
Ice Cube's terrible attempt to make a party record with "You Can Do It"
Public Enemy failure to adapt to the 1990's.
Lil Kim after Biggie died
Master P once Beats by the Pound left him
Wu-Tang Clan after they dropped the Iron Flag album
Jay-Z right before his "retirement" when he decided to use the whisper flow
DMX during the time The Great Depression came out
Bun B after Pimp C passed
Ras Kass after the video when Game fukked him up
Beanie Sigel after losing his voice
DOC trying to make a comeback with the Helter Skelter album
KRS-One while battling Nelly
Prodigy in 2001 after the Summerjam screen shyt
MC Eiht after Quik's "Dollars and Sense"

ABlackMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Hood America
When Spitta dropped Jetlanta. Maybe even before then man its been a while since Spitta had me like oh shyt. He started doing the og cali lazy delivery flow too much. Need that Drive in theatre Spitta back. Lyrically he aint hungry anymore but I understand it

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ice Cube war and peace

This whole don mega shyt he was saying

Yeah. He is still my #2, but the fall off from Lethal Injection to War and Peace was uprising. It's clear music had taken a back seat to movies by that time.

I still fukk with the energy of Westside Connection, but it's clear he wasn't the same M.C.

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
I posted a number of times in here and I can’t believe no one mentioned Boosie. He only has the second worst post-prison fall off (Shunn is easily #1). His voice was always an acquired taste anyway, but old Boosie was unique sounding, clever, fun, and full of good content. Current Boosie is 100% content and damn near nothing else. His flow sounds like he’s aged 30 years since 2009. A lot of his beats just don’t hit either. He’s released multiple projects since he’s been out of prison and most of them are just flat out bad. Prison was the worst thing to happen to him from a music standpoint. Ideally he would’ve never got caught up in the first place, but I wish he had his current music output from 2009 and back.

Killalex

Hov did it so you don't have to
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TDE
Hov - Kingdom Come. Terrible fukking album. It was so bad he had to go back to the studio and drop the almost classic American Gangster a year later. He's had bright spots since (444) but this paved the way for dog shyt albums like TB3 and MCHG.

Kanye - Yeezus. First album where the craft didn't show and was more of a moment and we've gotten quickly made albums since.

Nas - I am. From matic to IWW to this shyt was an insult. First showing of dog shyt production.

Lupe - Lasers. Wasalu was my top 1 guy but this turd made him mortal. Has still made good albums but FL and Cool back to back was god tier.

50 cent - Massacre. Did the exact thing he was battling against.