When will the Cyber/Cyber Security bubble burst?

Mr Rager

Leader of the Delinquents
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Mars
Cyber is a big deal right now, large salaries, numerous jobs
The Fast-Growing Job With A Huge Skills Gap: Cyber Security

One Million Cybersecurity Job Openings In 2016

On top of that, people are getting into Cybersecurity startups and cyber consulting firms are popping up all over the US. This seems very reminiscent of the 'dot com' era :patrice:
The question is, when is this bubble going to burst? I think one thing keeping it alive is that hacks and cyber intrusions are not going to stop, but it still seems like this market is on its way to oversaturation...thoughts?

Nobu

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The number of devices being connected to the internet is increasing exponentially, and security is universally agreed to be underinvested in almost every tech company. I really don't think there's enough people with high level security expertise like cryptography to meet the demand for decades to come. Not to mention if you really are a cryptography expert you could make many hundreds of thousands to possibly millions a year consulting and retire quickly.

Dat Migo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Boston
So according to Forbes, there is so many unfilled positions but these companies aren't looking to train anyone? It says to start in Cyber security you need to start as a information security analyst. Going on to Indeed, I see that this position requires years of experience, some require security clearances even though the article states a bachelor's is entry level (which I have). Then they say if you don't have a degree just take some online courses.

AyBrehHam Linkin

First Black Brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Wiscansin
So according to Forbes, there is so many unfilled positions but these companies aren't looking to train anyone? It says to start in Cyber security you need to start as a information security analyst. Going on to Indeed, I see that this position requires years of experience, some require security clearances even though the article states a bachelor's is entry level (which I have). Then they say if you don't have a degree just take some online courses.

them HR people dont know wtf they talkin about tbh. my Brand Ambassador job needed like 2 years sales experience and 1 year tech. Didnt fulfill either but I killed the interview and got the job

Daps
So according to Forbes, there is so many unfilled positions but these companies aren't looking to train anyone?

Just like every other industry...

Training budgets for non-people management is practically zero at most non-Fortune companies, and very minimal within the Fortune 1000-5000 as it currently stands.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
I'm a software developer who barely knows anything about security.......demand isn't going anywhere breh. My job LITERALLY had town hall meetings about cyber security today. They are rolling out a whole new department for it actually.
I know about basic stuff like cross site scripting and sql injection but the REAL security stuff? nah
Anyone have any idea what resources are good for learning security?