When you think about it its kinda funny how both NY and LA hip hop ended up falling off and taking a backseat to other regions

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
Look up the most streamed rappers of the year. The way music is consumed today has moved beyond any one region "controlling" the genre, those days are over.

Oh yea that part; but "mainstream" in general is trash.

Memphis been eating good.

Detroit been eating good.

Cali eating good.

ATL eating good.

There are plenty of regions that keep a regional sound doing well.

All those mainstream guys "controlling" the game as u put it stay sharking them 2.

I appreciate a regional sound.

I don't like it at all if an artist from X sounds like an artist from Y.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
This partially why most artist are irrelevant. Every one sounds and looks the same

Nah there are a lot of really regional artists with cult like followings selling out shows.

The thing is the biggest "artists" out are backed by the biggest machines to boost #s.

This is why people shouldn't give AF about that noise.

Open your ears; cause the game got something for everyone if u wanna hear it.

Fukk the mainstream hip-hop is a counter culture from the streets; 4 the streets.

Mac Ten

Class of 97 !!!
Daps
Reppin
B-More
The South did their own thing…

Most of em were eating good without labels.

In the mid 90s to mid 2000s, business was booming down there.

Jadakiss said “What everyone mad at the South for, just go Southpaw
Erick Sermon moved down there and made a tire shop
Too Short got some new life thanks to Lil Jon and Jazze after he moved down there
Raekwon moved down there for a bit
Daz brought 2 houses down there last I heard

NY became too expensive to live which kinda took the grittiness outta the city and the music became too expensive to sample which kinda ruined a lot of producers. It didn’t help that certain artists were beefing both behind the scenes and on wax. It wasn’t just 50 dissing either. Jay-Z was blocking shyt for Dipset .

The West has an issue with Gangbanging which scared a lot of labels. Luckily for some them, they were still able to eat independently

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
The South did their own thing…

Most of em were eating good without labels.

In the mid 90s to mid 2000s, business was booming down there.

Jadakiss said “What everyone mad at the South for, just go Southpaw
Erick Sermon moved down there and made a tire shop
Too Short got some new life thanks to Lil Jon and Jazze after he moved down there
Raekwon moved down there for a bit
Daz brought 2 houses down there last I heard

NY became too expensive to live which kinda took the grittiness outta the city and the music became too expensive to sample which kinda ruined a lot of producers. It didn’t help that certain artists were beefing both behind the scenes and on wax. It wasn’t just 50 dissing either. Jay-Z was blocking shyt for Dipset .

The West has an issue with Gangbanging which scared a lot of labels. Luckily for some them, they were still able to eat independently

I really don't think its an issue of geography.

If you study this shyt everyone in the past decade or so is a child of the internet.

they site all there sources from looking thru a screen and jacking beats off YT and rapping into a laptop in their bedroom was how they got in the game off Soundcloud.

None of these guys who have blown up in the past decade who are authentic were really molded.

Its obvious who the plants are tho :mjlol:

Mac Ten

Class of 97 !!!
Daps
Reppin
B-More
Ny and cali has a crabs in the barrel mentality

NY and Cali beefing is how we lost two good rappers who didn’t even make it to 30 yet…

Suge Night and dancing fakkit Diddy ruined Hip Hop(mainly Suge for sending those jabs at Bad Boy).

One thing about the South is that they made Country Rap Tunes with live instruments.

S/O to T-Mix, Pimp C, Mike Dean, Medicine Men, and Organized Noize for providing us with a lush, sound for decades.

Three 6 Mafia as well for making Crunk Music before it became crunk

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
This ain’t true about Cali, all them LA dudes been all over each other’s projects, and the same up in the bay. California fell off cuz all the cities and areas that were black strongholds have been gentrified to death. Simply don’t have the same breeding grounds and numbers.

Nobody wanted to hear that west coast or NY babble anymore :manny:

The South took over completely

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
Word to Kendrick's diss talkin bout nikkas hating on the coast. Its crazy to think that this is where we are from the Biggie and 2pac era.

The game dominated by the south and a canadian :heh:

OP you can't convince me you're somehow not involved in the industry; but you're terrible at your job to have a take like this and its true.

I think the bigger discussion is how many clueless lames are in the industry is a big part of the problem.

Hip-hop taking a "money ball" approach is a bad move.

It fails every damn time.

There is so much heat coming out since music has become easier to make and get exposed than ever; but all these label guys are so out of touch they don't touch it.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
One thing about Finesse he gon hate on his own city :mjpls:

Shout out to the youngings who created their own waves and brought back the city from purgatory while the old guard was pushing the Troy Aves, Vados, Saigons, Uncle Murdas, Mainos of the world
dance-sturdy.gif

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
One thing about Finesse he gon hate on his own city :mjpls:

Shout out to the youngings who created their own waves and brought back the city from purgatory while the old guard was pushing the Troy Aves, Vados, Saigons, Uncle Murdas, Mainos of the world
dance-sturdy.gif

OP prolly fearful for his job....instead of looking in the mirror and being accountable "its over"

Breh talking about biggie and pac :mjlol:

• Haha
Reactions: ISO