Where did the Good girls hang out in HS?

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
The "thug" thread got me thinking about people who were passed over, mainly women who were good/sqaure/alt or just plain nice girls. Did you have a lot of suitors? Did you like them? Were you overlooked for other women? Where did you spend most of your time?

@Booksnrain @StickStickly @Spotlessmind . I'm sorry if I forgot anyone.

Black Barbie

AADOS Queen of the Appalachian
Daps
Reppin
I hung out with my friends, sometimes I went to the library by myself, it all depends really.If there was a cheerleading team at my old high school you probably would've found me there too. I had some guys that were interested in me, but I wasn't receptive. Have I ever been passed over? Definitely, but it is what it is. I'd be sad for a day and just pick myself up and go on with life.

Neuromancer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
I hung out with my friends, sometimes I went to the library by myself, it all depends really.If there was a cheerleading team at my old high school you probably would've found me there too. I had some guys that were interested in me, but I wasn't receptive. Have I ever been passed over? Definitely, but it is what it is. I'd be sad for a day and just pick myself up and go on with life.
Didn't know you were a woman.:ohhh:

Raava

Staff member
Daps
I feel like I was overlopked a lot in general.I didn't feel like I was a better person than another girl and a guy should choose me type thing. I wasn't really boy crazy though so it wasn't a huge deal but it did mess with my confidence. I didn't really have crushes either. I had a few suitors. They were cool, I liked them.

I was in a lot of activties up until senior year so practices and games took up most of my time. Plus, I was in the magnent program, those classes were after regular classes so while kids were hanging out after school I was going to dance class. I would go by myself to read, design, or write. I was quiet. I found out later a lot of people thought I was stuck up. I also found out guys liked me in school after graduation (thanks social media :skip: ). No one really said anything to me in school though so I thought I was unattractive and most guys ignored me.

Neuromancer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
I feel like I was overlopked a lot in general.I didn't feel like I was a better person than another girl and a guy should choose me type thing. I wasn't really boy crazy though so it wasn't a huge deal but it did mess with my confidence. I didn't really have crushes either. I had a few suitors. They were cool, I liked them.

I was in a lot of activties up until senior year so practices and games took up most of my time. Plus, I was in the magnent program, those classes were after regular classes so while kids were hanging out after school I was going to dance class. I would go by myself to read, design, or write. I was quiet. I found out later a lot of people thought I was stuck up. I also found out guys liked me in school after graduation (thanks social media :skip: ). No one really said anything to me in school though so I thought I was unattractive and most guys ignored me.
Why do you think you weren't approached besides the stuck up allegations. My gf had the same issue. Do you think you weren't visible enough?

Raava

Staff member
Daps
Why do you think you weren't approached besides the stuck up allegations. My gf had the same issue. Do you think you weren't visible enough?

IDK really its been like that my whole life, being rarely approached. A number of things, could be ugly :ehh: Could be I was last on their list. Maybe I wasn't pretty enough.

One of the main things was thinking I was stuck up though. I was in a lot of "popular girl" stuff without being popular and maybe I wasn't popular enough for others. Some people thought I would turn them down. Also another big thing is I don't give signals. Most guys look for an in, I don't give that. I try to not look at people. I was very shy.

Neuromancer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
IDK really its been like that my whole life, being rarely approached. A number of things, could be ugly :ehh: Could be I was last on their list. Maybe I wasn't pretty enough.

One of the main things was thinking I was stuck up though. I was in a lot of "popular girl" stuff without being popular and maybe I wasn't popular enough for others. Some people thought I would turn them down. Also another big thing is I don't give signals. Most guys look for an in, I don't give that. I try to not look at people. I was very shy.
I see. Most people aren't actually ugly when they think they are. The no signals this game might be it. Unless a dude cold approaches, which is a great thing if you can do it, then signals are paramount. I couldn't read signals so I had to awkwardly cold approach.

Raava

Staff member
Daps
I see. Most people aren't actually ugly when they think they are. The no signals this game might be it. Unless a dude cold approaches, which is a great thing if you can do it, then signals are paramount. I couldn't read signals so I had to awkwardly cold approach.

I didn't know anything about signals till later, still dont do them lol. But I feel like in highschool it was a mix of cold approaches, awkwardness, and some people tried to give/read signal. But in the end most guys would shoot their shot espcially out with friends like the movies, games etc. I would see it all the time.

Neuromancer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
I didn't know anything about signals till later, still dont do them lol. But I feel like in highschool it was a mix of cold approaches, awkwardness, and some people tried to give/read signal. But in the end most guys would shoot their shot espcially out with friends like the movies, games etc. I would see it all the time.
Usally man's friends will encourage him to shoot his shot.

StickStickly

Superstar
Daps
The "thug" thread got me thinking about people who were passed over, mainly women who were good/sqaure/alt or just plain nice girls. Did you have a lot of suitors? Did you like them? Were you overlooked for other women? Where did you spend most of your time?

@Booksnrain @StickStickly @Spotlessmind . I'm sorry if I forgot anyone.
Im probably not the best example because I was the shy studious skinny girl in high school and I wasn't really looking to date anyone until college. I was in drama and creative writing and sciences and you could find me reading most of the time. I had a few guys who liked me but I wasn't really into them for some reason maybe because I was so shy. It didn't bother me that other guys weren't into me; I realized that some people will like you romantically and some people won't and you don't have to like anyone who likes you just because. definitely was not into thug types- we just wouldn't have fit in each other's interests and any type of interaction would have felt forced. Plus I just don't like baggy clothing- on myself or anyone else. Maybe a few of the guys who liked me tried to fit that persona but I would brush off any advances and they'd move on. They had plenty of girls to choose from so it didn't bother me. College was different- I was a little more outgoing and open in my interests and met people through class. I still liked average guys who were funny, outgoing, nerdy, ambitious, smart, liked to drink and were relaxed and not uptight about life. These guys are just easier to get along with than the ones who are like them but are bitter and project all their problems onto all women. When you're easier to get along with, you're more attractive

Neuromancer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Im probably not the best example because I was the shy studious skinny girl in high school and I wasn't really looking to date anyone until college. I was in drama and creative writing and sciences and you could find me reading most of the time. I had a few guys who liked me but I wasn't really into them for some reason maybe because I was so shy. It didn't bother me that other guys weren't into me; I realized that some people will like you romantically and some people won't and you don't have to like anyone who likes you just because. definitely was not into thug types- we just wouldn't have fit in each other's interests and any type of interaction would have felt forced. Plus I just don't like baggy clothing- on myself or anyone else. Maybe a few of the guys who liked me tried to fit that persona but I would brush off any advances and they'd move on. They had plenty of girls to choose from so it didn't bother me. College was different- I was a little more outgoing and open in my interests and met people through class. I still liked average guys who were funny, outgoing, nerdy, ambitious, smart, liked to drink and were relaxed and not uptight about life. These guys are just easier to get along with than the ones who are like them but are bitter and project all their problems onto all women. When you're easier to get along with, you're more attractive[/QUOTE]
I learned this late in life. After I learned that girls my friends were messing with were afraid of me I decided to change (after a bit of relishing).