Where do you rank James Harden?

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
I think he needs to change the way he plays too. Those iso's at the top of the 3pt line or getting the pick and always creating off the dribble is tiring and it's easier for the defense to key in on at playoff time. He needs to go in to the post then turn and face from about 12-18 feet and he'll be able to get to the rim easier. Or if its a small guard on him bang him and hit that turnaround stepback or get to the rim.

He also could become more of a slasher if he had another playmaker like LeBron and DWade played off each other. Whenever one went to the rim drawing the defenses attention the other would be cutting and be available to receive a pass at full speed heading towards the rim.
I feel every u r saying bruh. He needs to get better with playing off the ball and getting rid of the rock

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
That's true to a certain degree, but is it still a talent when one relies upon it to the point where it hinders and exposes not only their game but has an adverse effect on their team's offense?
what would you want to see the Rockets offense do instead of Harden getting free throws and putting defenders in foul trouble?

Daps
what would you want to see the Rockets offense do instead of Harden getting free throws and putting defenders in foul trouble?
Anything is better than dribbling the shot clock down to the last few seconds and flopping on a drive, either resulting in a missed/blocked shot or turnover - when the officials swallow their whistles. We've seen it for the last three postseasons when it kills whatever offensive momentum they have or stand to generate, I mean it was ONE of the main reasons they got into a 20-pt hole against the Clippers in an elimination game. He was benched, and then the rest of the team dug them outta that hole and they ending up winning the series.

:manny:

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I could not play with him in pick up ball let alone the NBA, its the fukkin playoffs an this bearded fakkit not even trying? :dwillhuh:

Its the playoffs we would have had to square up immediately after the first blow by :martin:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Anything is better than dribbling the shot clock down to the last few seconds and flopping on a drive, either resulting in a missed/blocked shot or turnover - when the officials swallow their whistles. We've seen it for the last three postseasons when it kills whatever offensive momentum they have or stand to generate, I mean it was ONE of the main reasons they got into a 20-pt hole against the Clippers in an elimination game. He was benched, and then the rest of the team dug them outta that hole and they ending up winning the series.

:manny:
so you dont have an actual solution.

posting up Dwight is not a solution

Daps
so you dont have an actual solution.

posting up Dwight is not a solution
Creating mismatchups by giving up the ball is a solution. Moving the ball and finding easier shots/open shots is a solution. The point is, I wouldn't call what Harden does a talent when it gets exposed in the postseason.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Creating mismatchups by giving up the ball is a solution. Moving the ball and finding easier shots/open shots is a solution. The point is, I wouldn't call what Harden does a talent when it gets exposed in the postseason.
what mismatches?

I dont like Harden's game at all but the Rockets dont have anyone else that can get their own looks. Like no one. Maybe Jason Terry but he almost 40.

You are writing concepts and hypotheticals, but do we really want Trevor Ariza with the ball in his hands? Or Josh Smith?

Harden is an elite offensive player. You can knock his turnovers. Say he not a top player, etc. But Harden is absolutely an elite offensive player.

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
what mismatches?

I dont like Harden's game at all but the Rockets dont have anyone else that can get their own looks. Like no one. Maybe Jason Terry but he almost 40.

You are writing concepts and hypotheticals, but do we really want Trevor Ariza with the ball in his hands? Or Josh Smith?

Harden is an elite offensive player. You can knock his turnovers. Say he not a top player, etc. But Harden is absolutely an elite offensive player.

He's an elite offensive player in the regular season. This is like the 5th playoffs in a row he's been bad.