Where does DS2 rank among Future's catalog?

Prince Cairo

Authentic
Daps
Reppin
Cairo, Egypt
Last edited:

BigSteve

All Star
Daps
I think it ranks above his other ALBUMS.

Now vs his tapes, that's a tough call. It's definitely top 3 overall, all of his projects considered.

I think his Monster-Beast Mode-56 Nights-DS2 run might be his best run that he's had since he started. He had a few good tapes come out in a row, but these recent projects have been so thorough, my goodness.

Prince Cairo

Authentic
Daps
Reppin
Cairo, Egypt
I think it ranks above his other ALBUMS.

Now vs his tapes, that's a tough call. It's definitely top 3 overall, all of his projects considered.

I think his Monster-Beast Mode-56 Nights-DS2 run might be his best run that he's had since he started. He had a few good tapes come out in a row, but these recent projects have been so thorough, my goodness.

There's no question it blows Pluto and Honest out of the water. The real question for me is does it pick up where 56 Nights left off.

BM and 56N were two sides of one coin to me: the melodic, leaned out melancholy of the former and the numbing, thundering craziness of the latter work with one another very well.

I understand DS2 was billed as an album and therefore needed to be more well-rounded, but I'm trying still to figure out its direction: songs like Freak Hoe and Rotation seem slightly out of place, whereas Blood on the Money, I Serve the Base and Colossal are consistent with the sound he's developed in 2015. I love the project, but still trying to figure it out is all.

Jekyll

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The 4peat is his best work no doubt. Its hard to put one over the other but the sound him metro, zay, and esco came up with has defined my summer. I kinda liked future when he first came out and kinda hated him around honest. But this shyt is piff.

Triangularbirds

All Star
Daps
DS2 is above the rest, not far above but still, the productions are top notch, 90% of the songs pass the whip test, smooth shyt like kno the meaning and p&s joint will have me going to work like :stylin:
the fukking flutes on blood on the money brehs :wow:
the stupidity of having a song called slave master to talk about your whip :wow:
talkin bout puttin his thumb in a bytch butt :mjlol:

this album makes me want to cry and laugh while having songs called "trap nikkas" and "fukk up some commas", fukk a Drake :pacspit: