5. Westbrook
6. Kyrie
7. DeRozen
8. Giannis
9. Butler
10. LaMarcus
11-15: Beal, Davis, Embiid, Jokic, and Lilliard

Oladipo can't even crack the top-15???

I know it sounds crazy, I didn't even think of it myself until today, but hear me out for a second.

indianapacerswins.jpg

Argument #1: This is a team that was supposed to do NOTHING this season. Vegas, ESPN, Sports Illustrated, and CBS Sports all had them at 30 or so wins, 11th or 12th in the East, nowhere near touching the playoffs.

Instead, they already have 31 wins and it's not even All-Star break yet. On pace to go 45-37. They're in a tie for 5th place and only half-a-game back of #4 in the East.

Last year, Westbrook won MVP going away even though OKC only had 47 wins, and he had a more stacked team that was already projected to finish #6 in the West anyway.

On that list up there, you have Lebron, Beal, Giannis, Embiid, Lilliard, Westbrook, and Jokic all from teams with basically the same record or worse than the Pacers.

Argument #2: Indiana is 31-19 in games where Oladipo plays.

That would have been on pace for a 51-win season. It's only because he missed six games due to injury (in which Indiana was 0-6) that they're not in dominant position for 3rd in the East right now.

With Oladipo in the lineup, the Pacers have beat Boston, Toronto, Cleveland three times, San Antonio twice. They would have beaten Boston twice if not for the Bogdanovic blunder, and Oladipo has averaged 37-8-2 and 4 steals in those two games.

Argument #3: Oladipo is averaging 25-5-4 on 49% shooting, 39% from three, 81% from the line this year.

On pure numbers that's almost as good as Lilliard, basically the exact same as Kyrie, better than DeRozan or Beal. And he's creating most of his own shots and playing solid defense on top of that. I'd say he's played better defense on a consistent basis this year than any of those other four (Kyrie started off hot on defense but has taken a step back as the season wears on and his shot attempts have gone up).

How is Oladipo not a top-10 MVP candidate right now, maybe even borderline top-5? If he plays the rest of the season healthy, keeps scoring an efficient 25ppg with strong all-around play, and the Pacers come up a little bit and win 47 to 50, shouldn't there be a thought to putting him in the top-5?

I mean, his #2-#5 scorers right now are Myles Turner, Bojan Bogdanovic, Darren Collison, and Domantus Sabonis. :dead:

Give this man some credit. :stopitslime:

KOBE

Superstar
Daps
what does it say about the Thunder organization that majority of players that leave their depth chart end up doing well (Reggie Jackson) to good/great (Olapido / Harden) else where

Reggie ain't shyt and Oladipo lost a lot of weight and upped his game this year. He's not the same player this year as he was last year. Props to him for breaking out.

:mjlol: at this thread though.

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Its gone hes played well but he and the team cooled off alot hes out of the race lol.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Oladipo, I would think, has a very good shot at making an All NBA team this year though. Not sure what the incentives in his contact are for that though, or what his contract situation is period. But Harden, Curry, Kyrie, CP3, Klay, Derozan, and Westbrook are probably all ahead of him, but he has an outside shot.

The Fire

way more chemical than political
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
brooklyn
Oladipo, I would think, has a very good shot at making an All NBA team this year though. Not sure what the incentives in his contact are for that though, or what his contract situation is period. But Harden, Curry, Kyrie, CP3, Klay, Derozan, and Westbrook are probably all ahead of him, but he has an outside shot.
Idk about Westbrook and Klay

ade

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Agree with everyone except the bolded. Klay hasn’t even been close to the player Oladipo has been this year. There’s no way Klay makes an All Nba Team over Victor

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Its gone hes played well but he and the team cooled off alot hes out of the race lol.

When did he and the team cool off? :gucci:

Like I said, he missed six games due to injury, and the Pacers lost all six. But otherwise they're still playing great. They've won 5 of their last 6 with him, 10 of their last 14. Night before last he just went for 35 and 10 in a 97-91 victory over Boston. Since the knee injury his three-point shooting dropped from the ridiculous 45% numbers he was putting up the first few months, but he's compensated by scoring more inside and it's likely that his three-point shot will recover after he gets a bit more rest with the all-star break.

If he's out of the race, why are Westbrook, Lilliard, Beal, Derozan, and Jokic still in it? :comeon:

No way Klay is in over him right now.

CP3 isn't either with all the games he's missed and the fact that he's the #2 guard on his own team putting up limited numbers.

I'm not even sure Westbrook or Derozan should be ahead of him.

Harden and Curry are a lock for the 1st-team guards, Kyrie gonna make the 2nd team, even if one of the other guys ends up above Oladipo it seems he should have a good shot at picking up a 3rd-team slot.

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@The Dankster I dont really care about the other dudes I didnt make the list lol not sure why you are taking this personally lol but your right looks like they been playing well lately.