Where is Oladipo's MVP buzz?

DoubleJ13

Smooth sailing from here on out...
Daps
Reppin
Thunder/TSC
what does it say about the Thunder organization that majority of players that leave their depth chart end up doing well (Reggie Jackson) to good/great (Olapido / Harden) else where

Reggie & Harden were already good players with the Thunder. Reggie just quit on the Thunder because he was mad about being the 6th man & was a locker room problem. Harden went to a team where he was the guy & natural progression got him where he is.

Dipo for the most part was good last year with the Thunder but got hurt a couple times (wrist & back) early in the year & came back as a guy not really attacking the paint to avoid getting hurt again. shyt is a lazy narrative to just blame Russy for him looking different this year in a different situation where he is the guy & a discredit to Dipo after he worked his ass off over the summer.

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
what does it say about the Thunder organization that majority of players that leave their depth chart end up doing well (Reggie Jackson) to good/great (Olapido / Harden) else where
Harden was great In okc and is great in Houston. Reggie Jackson was great In okc and sucks in Detroit I'm confused what you tryna say. Dipo lost weight and is having a great year although a terrible January

Daps

Reggie Jackson lol What are your thoughts on Steven Adams having a phenomenal year?

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
If he were on a better team he would get more buzz but being on the Pacers that likely arent making the playoffs, the radar is not going to be on him.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
If he were on a better team he would get more buzz but being on the Pacers that likely arent making the playoffs, the radar is not going to be on him.

Pacers are "likely" not making the playoffs? They're 31-19 in games where Oladipo has played. I have them winning 45-47 games this year. What are you projecting them out and who you think gonna beat them out?

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Pacers are "likely" not making the playoffs? They're 31-19 in games where Oladipo has played. I have them winning 45-47 games this year. What are you projecting them out and who you think gonna beat them out?

Fair point. Its just the 6-8 seeds could be a crapshoot with the Heat Hornets and even Detroit though I know that 6 seed is kind of if theirs to lose.

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It says they make players better because Oladipo played for Orlando and wasn't balling. He was mad he got traded, he worked on his game all summer..

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
It says they make players better because Oladipo played for Orlando and wasn't balling. He was mad he got traded, he worked on his game all summer..

But everyone knew Oladipo was talented in Orlando, it was just they had him in a crap situation with a logjam at guard and everyone unclear about their role and fighting each other for shots and minutes.

“It was real tough,” Oladipo said on the podcast. “It was a lot of young guys trying to prove themselves. A lot of young guys trying to prove I am that guy. It was almost like we were in battle against each other when we played instead of trying to work together to try to get a win. It was tough.

And even in the bad situation, everyone thought he was a strong two-way talent, I said at the time that the Magic got fleeced. He was always a strong defender, he could always hit the three, he could always create his own shot. There's a reason that OKC signed him for $21 million/year just a month after he joined the team.

It's just in Orlando they had a toxic team and in Oklahoma City Westbrook had a goal for the season that didn't include his teammates doing much. Indiana is the first time Oladipo has had to work with a team where his teammates truly wanted him to excel and gave him the room to do so, and he's shone.

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
Oladipo, I would think, has a very good shot at making an All NBA team this year though. Not sure what the incentives in his contact are for that though, or what his contract situation is period. But Harden, Curry, Kyrie, CP3, Klay, Derozan, and Westbrook are probably all ahead of him, but he has an outside shot.
Cant forget about Dame and CJ too. Either way someone averaging 25 plus wont make an All NBA team