Where's that thread where people were saying YouTube's new censorship isn't a big deal?

Easy-E

Suffering From Success | 1316 Days
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Island of Relevancy, Forever
Please merge this, because, they got clean cut muhfukkkas like YongYea bleeping out the word "racist" and "kill"

:francis:

Not to get demonetized

I noticed the word "fukk" is getting bleeping by some AI shyt that misses it sometimes

I wonder how many straight black men work for RPS? And there's people "offensively" suggesting the brother in CP77 doesn't have any real power over the game.

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Come up with another fukking word for this other then censorship. This dude isn't going to jail for espousing his views or anything like that. He's on a private fukking platform using language that said platform doesn't approve of so his videos need to get bleeped out or demonetized. Who gives a shyt? Use another platform or don't use any at all. "OMG thiz is censorship" is fukking annoying to read over shyt like this.

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
Come up with another fukking word for this other then censorship. This dude isn't going to jail for espousing his views or anything like that. He's on a private fukking platform using language that said platform doesn't approve of so his videos need to get bleeped out or demonetized. Who gives a shyt? Use another platform or don't use any at all. "OMG thiz is censorship" is fukking annoying to read over shyt like this.

He had to bleep out racist. That's the big bad word he had to bleep out. So yeah, I think censorship fits.

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
No ones ‘censoring’. It’s a free platform provided by a privately owned company. They can literally bleep whatever they want.

You’re work can tell you you can’t swear at work too. That’s not censorship.

You don’t have to like it. And can argue whether it’s too far in your opinion.

But censorship? If you’re in a supermarket trying to convert people to your religion and they ask you to leave is the supermarket censoring you? Or doing what they want on their property in their privately owned business?

These guys can host their own videos on their own servers on their own dime at their own website and say whatever they want.

Easy-E

Supporter
Daps
Reppin

He had to bleep out racist. That's the big bad word he had to bleep out. So yeah, I think censorship fits.

God forbid I bring up people actually using the platform to actually speak on hard hitting issues.

No ones ‘censoring’. It’s a free platform provided by a privately owned company. They can literally bleep whatever they want.

No one is debating YouTube's right to do so; it's the idea that it's only effect N*zis and White Supremacist.

But, if Twitter, IG and the major social media platform started censoring discussions on race issues, it would still be problematic.

YouTube is owned by the biggest company in the world. So, it's relevant.

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They've fukked up television, they've fukked up movies, they've fukked up comic books and music. It was inevitable that the SJWs (I don't know what else to call them) invade the last frontier of entertainment. There was a similar non-controversy with Super Smash Bros. a couple of months back and I noted that Japanese developers didn't have to worry too much about the neogaf/resetera/far leftwing crowd here in the states cause their (Japanese) culture is different. Another poster here became deeply offended by my post for some reason.

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
Youtube isn't a private company though. They are free market and hire independent contractors. They are only private as a tax code word to get away with shyt.

Easy-E

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cats forgot they can make their own websites and attract their own advertisers

YouTube advertisers aren't trying to fukk up their money putting commercials on certain types of political channels

Ahhh, the good ole' "make your own" explanation that has literally never been practiced.

:mjlol:

I won't even waste time on how impractical that is.

They've fukked up television, they've fukked up movies, they've fukked up comic books and music. It was inevitable that the SJWs (I don't know what else to call them) invade the last frontier of entertainment. There was a similar non-controversy with Super Smash Bros. a couple of months back and I noted that Japanese developers didn't have to worry too much about the neogaf/resetera/far leftwing crowd here in the states cause their (Japanese) culture is different. Another poster here became deeply offended by my post for some reason.

My main problem with the "Young Left" is their narrow definition of "what's appropiate" is no different than "Right Wing" Christians.

Their "no sex before marriage" is the left's "it's transpobic not to have sex with a trans person even if you 'identify' as a straight male."

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Ahhh, the good ole' "make your own" explanation that has literally never been practiced.

:mjlol:

I won't even waste time on how impractical that is.

My main problem with the "Young Left" is their narrow definition of "what's appropiate" is no different than "Right Wing" Christians.

Their "no sex before marriage" is the left's "it's transpobic not to have sex with a trans person even if you 'identify' as a straight male."
Okay then rely on and beg YouTube to give you free speech and a check.

I'm just not about the hopeless talk