which hip hop producer was 1st to put their name in the beginning of thier songs?

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I remember hearing that sh*t around 2002...and the first person i remember doing it was Rodney Jerkins aka Darkchild when he put the tag "darkchild" in the beginning of that Brandy song "What about us"...But he's R&B.... a few months later I heard "Just BLAAAZE!" on "Oh Boy and "Pump It Up".....This would open the flood gates for other hip hop producers to do the same, From "al al al alchemist" to "Jahlil Beats Holla At Me" I say it was Just Blaze but I could be wrong. If I am I would like for someone to correct me.

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Jazzie Phizzle producshizzle?

which song and what year? according to wiki "Oh Boy" was released april 2002(even tho we all know it was leaked before it was a single). Until someone can point out a song before the "Oh Boy" single was released Im going with Just Blaze.

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Where are these so called "hip hop know it alls?" I need the answer to this question. Is it Trackmasters or is it Just Blaze? When did Trackmasters start doing the name tag thing?

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I remember Trackmasters used to whisper their name at the beginning of some tracks.

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I remember Trackmasters used to whisper their name at the beginning of some tracks.

I remember hearing trackmasters as well......But which songs tho? Did they do it first or did they follow darkchild/Just blazes lead. I'm about to throw on that Fiesta remix cuz I think they did the whisper thing on that track....if so then they are the first.

2Pac

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Whoever it was helped ruin a lot of tracks, I hate when they tag their music.

Doctor Wily

CapcomSwag
Daps
That could be right....But school me.....which song?
Trackmastas would have the artist say thier name in the beginning of a track (Allure ft Nas head over heels/Jay-z Wishing on a star),... but i really can't recall when they started doing the "whisper" on the tracks.

oh side note ... Teddy Riley was the first one to have a sig on his tracks.

darkchild didn't start doing that until 98