Which Year Should Beyoncé Have Won AOTY At The Grammys?

Which Year?

• Total voters
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
She should have beat Beck in 2015 for GODDAMN sure.

She should have beat Harry Styles last year.

In twenty years time nobody will be talking about Beck or Harry’s albums. Both Beyonce and Renaissance will still be talked about and analyzed as will the cultural impact surrounding them

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Has any black artists ever won aoty?

11 black artists have won AOTY including

Stevie Wonder (3 times)
Michael Jackson
Natalie Cole
Whitney Houston
Lauryn Hill
Ray Charles
Herbie Hancock
Outkast
Jon Batiste

Outkast are the only rappers ever to win AOTY. People like to throw Lauryn in there but technically her album was submitted in the R&B categories, not rap so its not truly representative of “Hip Hop” when it comes to the Grammys

Only one Rapper has ever won Record Of The Year and Song Of The Year. Childish Gambino for This Is America in 2019.

Jay-Z, Kanye West, Drake, and Kendrick Lamar have all been nominated multiple times for AOTY and never won. Kanye once had the most acclaimed album of the year and wasn’t even nominated for AOTY because the industry was still punishing him for calling out Taylor Swift. Kendrick had both the most acclaimed AND the highest selling album of the year and lost to muthafukking Bruno Mars.

Despite having 32 Grammys to her name, Beyonce has only ever won in the General Field once, in 2009 for Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
She should have beat Beck in 2015 for GODDAMN sure.

She should have beat Harry Styles last year.

In twenty years time nobody will be talking about Beck or Harry’s albums. Both Beyonce and Renaissance will still be talked about and analyzed as will the cultural impact surrounding them
This is an insular ass view. I don’t know harry styles music but he seems like a big deal for those in his target audience, it’s pure narcissism to assume those who are living critical parts of their life to his music won’t be playing it or reminiscing on it 20 years from now. And I don’t know what cultural impact renaissance had, didn’t spur a return to dance music, had one big single, no videos and is basically only big shyt to those who are Beyoncé fans( this is anecdotal, but I can look across my firmed groups and the only women who really cared about renaissance are bey hive, the rest of us couldn’t care less…but self titled, these same women, bey fans or not, all of us was on that self titled album heavy), if anything, the tour will matter more than the album.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
This is an insular ass view. I don’t know harry styles music but he seems like a big deal for those in his target audience, it’s pure narcissism to assume those who are living critical parts of their life to his music won’t be playing it or reminiscing on it 20 years from now. And I don’t know what cultural impact renaissance had, didn’t spur a return to dance music, had one single, no videos and is basically only big shyt to those who are Beyoncé fans( this is anecdotal, but I can look across my firmed groups and the only women who really cared about renaissance are bey hive, the rest of us couldn’t care less…but self titled, these same women, bey fans or not, all of us was on that self titled album heavy), if anything, the tour will matter more than the album.

20 years from now we’ll see