White House considering nominating Nevada Gov. Brian Sandoval to SCOTUS, Sandoval rejects WH offer

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Why nominate a Republican :why:

I legit don't understand. Clinton is probably going to win the election anyway so if the Senate won't cooperate you'd be better off waiting it out.

Reality

Make your own luck.
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
Yeah me and a co-worker was talking about this earlier. Have to give Barry the :what:

The positions he holds are interesting.

Supported the PPACA
Supported Gay marriage
Supports Obama environmental rules

* But nothing about Citizens United :patrice:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
So he is looking at nominating a guy who the Repubs would normally be quick to push through for what reason exactly? To show how hypocritical they are if they block Sandoval? What good does that do anyone considering we all know already that the GOP is full of obstinate asshats.
And what if they pull a swerve and usher Sandoval through with no problem? Then we get another conservative on the bench. All just to prove something in Obama's game of chicken with the GOP? fukk that shyt.
If Obama is going to nominate someone he should choose Jeh Johnson or Kamala Harris.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Yeah me and a co-worker was talking about this earlier. Have to give Barry the :what:

The positions he holds are interesting.

Supported the PPACA
Supported Gay marriage
Supports Obama environmental rules

* But nothing about Citizens United :patrice:
Has Sandoval changed his tune on gay marriage? Because I know he was on some "civil unions are OK" and let the state's decide shyt but I hadn't read he came around to being pro-gay marriage.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
So he is looking at nominating a guy who the Repubs would normally be quick to push through for what reason exactly? To show how hypocritical they are if they block Sandoval? What good does that do anyone considering we all know already that the GOP is full of obstinate asshats.
And what if they pull a swerve and usher Sandoval through with no problem? Then we get another conservative on the bench. All just to prove something in Obama's game of chicken with the GOP? fukk that shyt.
If Obama is going to nominate someone he should choose Jeh Johnson or Kamala Harris.
Kamala is running for senate

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
Has Sandoval changed his tune on gay marriage? Because I know he was on some "civil unions are OK" and let the state's decide shyt but I hadn't read he came around to being pro-gay marriage.

When Same-Sex marriage became legal nationwide, Gov Sandoval didn't show any objections towards it. I think he said the issue has finally been settled. I think any republican who said civil marriages are okay, probably supports gay marriage; but knows the consequences from the voter base. I would have to imagine with Nevada being a swing state ( Slight lean republican socially), he had to say that statement.

Superstar
Daps
Graduated from University of Nevada - Reno. :usure:

Went to Ohio State for law school. :usure:

Served as the attorney general of Nevada. :ehh:

Served as a federal judge for four years. :damn:

Resigned from the federal bench to run for governor of Nevada. :yeshrug:

I don't know. Even his appointment to the federal bench seems pretty damn unlikely if you think about his qualifications. I can't find anything about his law career in the ten years after he graduated law school, but before he got his first elected position.

Doesn't seem like much of an intellectual heavyweight. A small-time lawyer who worked his way up to the Nevada gaming commission and wormed his way onto the federal bench. No thanks.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Graduated from University of Nevada - Reno. :usure:

Went to Ohio State for law school. :usure:

Served as the attorney general of Nevada. :ehh:

Served as a federal judge for four years. :damn:

Resigned from the federal bench to run for governor of Nevada. :yeshrug:

I don't know. Even his appointment to the federal bench seems pretty damn unlikely if you think about his qualifications. I can't find anything about his law career in the ten years after he graduated law school, but before he got his first elected position.

Doesn't seem like much of an intellectual heavyweight.
going to OSU doesn't make it impossible:

List of law schools attended by United States Supreme Court Justices - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia