"White Privilege And Entitlement Drove The Construction Of The Dream Team" -Whitlock

Cliche

From Where?!?!
Daps
Reppin
Canada
Laettner made no sense. No problem with Mullin or Stockton on that team though.

SubZeroDegrees

50 shots in the blender.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Nawlins
They didn't deserve it over Drexler, Worthy, Wilkins, or Isiah. I usually hate Whitlock but he was dead on with this. Also with what was posted earlier, there was no reason Dominique shouldn't have been on the original roster or Mullin.

If you want Dominique, then take Pippen off. He was just coming to his own. Mullin was legit choice.

Cliche

From Where?!?!
Daps
Reppin
Canada
Worthy over Mullin? I dunno, I think I'd rather have Mullin.

Yogi

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't care for Whitlock, but he is spot on with this article. I don't see how anyone can argue with that. Mullin and Laettner were on the team because they needed more white players. Honestly, I don't have a big problem with it because it helped make the team more marketable to the masses, but it is obvious that this os what happened.

dre

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY/DC
Man his ol "why they put the white ball in a black hole" ass....

I'm all for meaningful discussion but he just exclusively plays the race card. Why is he even a sports journalist

If they liked Isiah he would've been there end of story

Where's the color coding when the NBA was getting skewered after 04 and they came back with I believe an all black team

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
Isaiah should have been over Stockton, but we know that story.

I was always curious how Shaq didn't get on....Alonzo...somebody over white boy "Duke Christian".

:snoop:

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Chemistry was a part of the selection process too; that's why Zeke was left off and explains why Mullin and Laettner were picked too.

We just gonna act like Mullin wasn't dropping 25-26 a night for a 5-6 year stretch there too ('92 included)?

Laettner had arguably the greatest college career ever, that's why he was selected, plus, he was just there to carry bags, not actually play. You think Shaq, with his massive ego would have been alright with that? Especially after what we know now about his jealous ways?

:heh: @ being mad at Stockton's selection. A team with a bunch of alpha males/scorers and you're mad the all-time leader in assists and steals was selected?

Whitlock's a joke.

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
He's right about Mullin. I mean he was nice but he didn't belong on that team..

The fact that Nique wasn't on the team and Laettner was literally made me sick..

I hurled...

:to:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
He's right about Mullin. I mean he was nice but he didn't belong on that team..

The fact that Nique wasn't on the team and Laettner was literally made me sick..

I hurled...

:to:

Mullin was in his prime and was crazy nice during that time. Isaiah should have been there, but we know why he wasn't selected.

Look at Mullin's numbers from 88/89 to 92/93. Dude was a BEAST then. Career FG% at 51% as well. Stop it.