Who are rappers you think get credit for their rapping ability, you don't think are nice

H. Selassie

Black Royalty
Daps
Big Sean (had a few dope guest feature verses early on but I know people who think he can RAP Rap and I don’t agree)

J Cole (Nice but nowhere near SUPER Nice. I know many folks 30 and under who hold his lyrical ability sacred…but most of them have had limited exposure to the true greats. I think he benefits from being a B+ student in a class full of Cs & below in terms of his generation).

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
and of course they're all "trash" not even following OPs thread theme :russ:
Lol yeah the thread lost it's way, and I fault myself slightly because I wasn't fully clear

But it's more about rappers that have a rep for being like super nice lyrically, but aren't. Usually stemming from preconceived notions about that "style" of artist or where they're from or narratives that have just been accepted without people actually listening.

Meek was the brainchild of this thread, because he always had this rep, since he got big, that he was super nice based off he used to do freestyles on the DVDs. But to me, Meek was always mid lyrically, and was well below Reed Dollaz, Chico Raw, Vodka, Joey Jihad, Reign Man (RJ Payne), etc...he never had no crazy punchlines, wasn't using multis, wasn't clever or thought provoking, rarely said anything memorable. He's not wack by any means but he's not "nice" like that.

KingDanz

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
J Cole. He is a studio conscious rapper. I've never heard him say anything profound, he doesn't come from the struggle so he has no pain to pull from and it shows in his music. Nikka will sing the blues about losing his house slippers or student loans. I cringe everytime he's mentioned as a lyricist :dead: He hasn't got bars and his music is god awful boring. His fans are nikkas that can't hoop and bytches that want light skin babies. Dave East should of had his gimmick. Everytime time i've given him a chance from a freestyle to an album, i'm always left disappointed.

Afu-Ra >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> J Cole
:dead:

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
Lol yeah the thread lost it's way, and I fault myself slightly because I wasn't fully clear

But it's more about rappers that have a rep for being like super nice lyrically, but aren't. Usually stemming from preconceived notions about that "style" of artist or where they're from or narratives that have just been accepted without people actually listening.

Meek was the brainchild of this thread, because he always had this rep, since he got big, that he was super nice based off he used to do freestyles on the DVDs. But to me, Meek was always mid lyrically, and was well below Reed Dollaz, Chico Raw, Vodka, Joey Jihad, Reign Man (RJ Payne), etc...he never had no crazy punchlines, wasn't using multis, wasn't clever or thought provoking, rarely said anything memorable. He's not wack by any means but he's not "nice" like that.

I dig it and I enjoy the thread and concept you 1 of the illest posters in the booth. You were clear a lot of MFers on here are on the spectrum or remedial :russ:
I got another 1 Lupe Fiasco. I'm a lyrical guy and realize his talent/skill is top notch but I just can't fukk with brehs music.

HE TRASH THO FUK IS A LUPE :mjlol:

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
I dig it and I enjoy the thread and concept you 1 of the illest posters in the booth. You were clear a lot of MFers on here are on the spectrum or remedial :russ:
I got another 1 Lupe Fiasco. I'm a lyrical guy and realize his talent/skill is top notch but I just can't fukk with brehs music.

HE TRASH THO FUK IS A LUPE :mjlol:
Lmao my guy! Appreciated it brodie.

Walt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
earl sweatshirt is pure nyquil on the mic, and incoherent to boot.
every member of slaughterhouse is pure unfiltered wack juice except Royce, who is only occasionally okay.

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Xzibit. To me he just has a dope voice but he’s never impressed me skill wise. JRo was nicer than him not even getting into Tash

This is a good one. Xzibit had a dope voice and a few good albums but lyrically he was kind of basic and he gets labeled as lyrical because of who he was rapping with I think.