8. Pusha T
9. Jeezy
10. 8ball
11. Big Krit
12. Denzel Curry
13. MJG
14. BG
15. Rick Ross

Rick Ross???? I know you got an agenda but get the fukk out of here lmaoooooooo... Jeezy? Denzel fukking Curry?

I picked Jay but it's relatively close

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Better Lyricist? Jay. Better Rhymer? Wayne.
but its close.
Yes, I guess we need to break down the categories. Wayne has the better flows and melodies and I prefer his voice and the delivery much more. Cadence too.

Because Lil Wayne is insanely good at rapping to this day. I don’t know how he does it, but I guess he really loves it.

PatCake

Alkali Nonmetals
Daps
Reppin
I, for one, welcome our new space overlords.
Lil Wayne's writing credibility, let alone talent, has been questioned in the past.

Having said that, Jay-Z has a way with words that few rappers possess. He is gifted with brevity. The ability to use words precisely and consisely. 10 random people could be describing a mundane task like going to the mall to buy clothes and coming back home. Jay's way of saying it would stick with you and you could recite that phrase years from now, using it in your everyday life. He's instantly quotable, never has to try too hard to sound smart. He's the Leonard Cohen of Rap.

Dude could have been a Novelist or poet if he lived in simpler times.

Lil Wayne is on the exact same rapping level as Eminem. You can hear they're just rappers trying to rhyme words with each other for the sake of it.

Lurkio

All Star
Daps
one of these guys has the others lyrics tatted on him…that says it all

Fresh

New York Knicks
Daps
Wayne’s wordplay is simplistic in comparison to Jay’s it’s not even close

not true, Wayne's wordplay is crazy too, are you thinking about the Hot Boys era, because Wayne stepped his rhyme game up tremendously

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law

Jasonmask

Superstar
Daps
not true, Wayne's wordplay is crazy too, are you thinking about the Hot Boys era, because Wayne stepped his rhyme game up tremendously
One of Wayne’s worst punchlines are “ we on like the television” one of Hov’s worst punchlines are “I’m the one you know like 5 divided by 4” one of Wayne’s better bars are “flow sick put a straight jacket on my words” one of Hov’s better bars are “ black maybach white seats black pipping remind of Paul McCartney and Mike fighting” his bars are more complex and thought provoking than Wayne’s simplistic punchlines in comparison. His bars aren’t hard to decipher as many people misinterpret or flat out don’t get Jay’s bars.

Fresh

New York Knicks
Daps
One of Wayne’s worst punchlines are “ we on like the television” one of Hov’s worst punchlines are “I’m the one you know like 5 divided by 4” one of Wayne’s better bars are “flow sick put a straight jacket on my words” one of Hov’s better bars are “ black maybach white seats black pipping remind of Paul McCartney and Mike fighting” his bars are more complex and thought provoking than Wayne’s simplistic punchlines in comparison. His bars aren’t hard to decipher as many people misinterpret or flat out don’t get Jay’s bars.

agree to disagree, Wayne is a top notch emcees so is Jay, there's no wrong answer

but in my opening post with the video, Jay says himself it depends on who you prefer lyrically, Jay could've easier said he was the better lyricist and the fans would've agreed with him because Jay is an icon, but he didn't

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
Jay is the better lyricist. But Wayne is the better "real" rapper. Jay straight up told yall he's not a rapper fukk hip-hop and he meant it. his catalogue shows he wasn't BSing.