• Jay Z

Votes: 54 85.7%
  • Lil Wayne

Votes: 9 14.3%

• Total voters

Fresh

New York Knicks
Daps
I mean I posted examples and let you and everyone else decide and I felt I was fair I didn’t even quote from classic Jay verses and quoted from arguably a top 10 Wayne lyrical song but feel free to make your case if you believe your opinion has validity to it.

it's all good breh. :myman:

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wayne did what he did just off pure music. No famous wife. No Samsung deals forcing music on our phones. No gimmicks like Hov 😅

Tune just did mixtapes and albums and features :wow:

Vol. 2 sold 5 million copies pure sales before the world knew who Beyonce was and Samsung deals were a thing.

Wayne's never sold that pure sales. You add streams to that, yes. Jay did it without a #1 hit and no autotune.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
Vol. 2 sold 5 million copies pure sales before the world knew who Beyonce was and Samsung deals were a thing.

Wayne's never sold that pure sales. You add streams to that, yes. Jay did it without a #1 hit and no autotune.

That was when hip-hop was the most commercial its ever been.

That part matters.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps

Carter 3 sold that pure sales during a time when records weren’t selling :mjlol:

Carter 4 did too :russ:

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That was when hip-hop was the most commercial its ever been.

That part matters.

Breh, Wayne had an album out the following year. Juvenile moved nearly 4 million units. Wayne was featured on the biggestvsongle off that album. Breh wasn't seeing multi-platinum until 9-10 years later.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
I agree

but No way in hell is Wayne close to Jay

im sorry Wayne just rambles on 85% of his records. He can’t stay on subject. He just rhyme words a lot. I just think it takes way more skill to rap on topic while being genuin and entertaining. The cap in jay raps is like 3%

Carter 5 was pretty introspective IMO.

C4 wasn’t and that’s why I hated those of that album. He didn’t really rap about shyt.

Carter 3 had a concept and a theme to every song too.

Wayne definitely needs more focus. I agree with that.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Carter 3 sold that pure sales during a time when records weren’t selling :mjlol:

Carter 4 did too :russ:

You're lying. C3 was stuck at 3.5 million until streaming. That is a fact. The biggest myth about that era is that albums weren't selling.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Breh, Wayne had an album out the following year. Juvenile moved nearly 4 million units. Wayne was featured on the biggestvsongle off that album. Breh wasn't seeing multi-platinum until 9-10 years later.
Carter 2 went multiplatinum in 2005 though.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York

Breh u talking to the wrong crowd. I bought Wayne's tapes from barbershops.

They count that on billboard :dahell:

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
You're lying. C3 was stuck at 3.5 million until streaming. That is a fact. The biggest myth about that era is that albums weren't selling.
That’s a lie. Cash Money never updated his RIAA certifications. It sold 3.5 million in its first year alone and streaming didn’t exist until 2016 :dead:

So you’re saying it sold 5 million just from streams? :dahell:

You really think it didn’t sell anything from 2008 to 2016? :dahell:

I always forget how dumb The Booth is :snoop:

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
That’s a lie. Cash Money never updated his RIAA certifications. It sold 3.5 million in its first year alone and streaming didn’t exist until 2016 :dead:

So you’re saying it sold 5 million just from streams? :dahell:

You really think it didn’t sell anything from 2008 to 2016? :dahell:

I always forget how dumb The Booth is :snoop:

MC hammer went diamond; he's in the GOAT convo :mjlol:

Lurkio

All Star
Daps
U just said aint no way in hell Wayne is close 2 Jay....if I was savy enough 2 quote it properly I would I would have :dahell:

He isn’t…and peak Wayne was great and he had all time run…but lyrically he’s not in the same league…if u arguing flow then it’s closer

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
fukk this is gold. Y’all really aren’t smart :dead:

Jay-Z's whole M.O. is being relevant. Wayne literally breathed life into his dying career. He "retired" then dropped nothing but duds. He's lucky Wayne is a student of the game n gave him a second chance 2 keep it real.